Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need more power. I have some research, but I want some real world opinions.

I need more power, and I am not sure of the most cost effective way of doing this. I do have emission testing where I am so that is a primary concern.

Did you do a supercharger for more power? Was it really worth it? 3-5K can make you think it was worth it, but is it really? Did you wish you did an engine swap?

Cost of an engine swap? This will be done by a shop so 150 buck diy isn't useful. Probably a 350, but opinions are welcome. Must be efi.
Gonna cost more then a supercharger. Was it worth it? Regrets?

Diesel swap? Not sure if I can pass emission with that , but would like to hear thoughts.

I don't need 6000 HP or 8000 tq.

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Buy a bronco if you want a efi v8 solid axle full frame 4x4 with a removable top
Well I guess the front axle is hinged but still basically solid axle

You will be dollars ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,452 Posts
what is your current engine, transmission, gears, and tire size?

the best answer is almost always proper gearing

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2004 LJ automatic with 35s and I am currently geared at 5.13

Not sure if it something I do want to do, just trying to get some real world opinions.

·
Vendor
23 Posts
I need more power. I have some research, but I want some real world opinions.

I need more power, and I am not sure of the most cost effective way of doing this. I do have emission testing where I am so that is a primary concern.

Did you do a supercharger for more power? Was it really worth it? 3-5K can make you think it was worth it, but is it really? Did you wish you did an engine swap?

Cost of an engine swap? This will be done by a shop so 150 buck diy isn't useful. Probably a 350, but opinions are welcome. Must be efi.
Gonna cost more then a supercharger. Was it worth it? Regrets?

Diesel swap? Not sure if I can pass emission with that , but would like to hear thoughts.

I don't need 6000 HP or 8000 tq.
You could try and do a budget LS swap. Problem is with doing the budget route, something always isn't quite right. To have it perform correctly and drive like normal, it will likely be double the price of just adding a power adder kit.
Our kits are 50 state legal and no custom dyno tuning is required. You can check them out at www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com

·
Registered
151 Posts
You could try and do a budget LS swap. Problem is with doing the budget route, something always isn't quite right. To have it perform correctly and drive like normal, it will likely be double the price of just adding a power adder kit.
Our kits are 50 state legal and no custom dyno tuning is required. You can check them out at www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Where's the kit for the TJ on your site?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problem with the need for more power, installed the Sprintex supercharger and while it did add power when it worked but the issues were just too great and their customer service after-the-sale was horrendous. Took it off and sold it, running a 6.0 LS now. One area that folks don't consider is the additional heat that is created by the supercharger that doesn't also use an aftercooler. Jeeps struggle enough with engine heat in stock form.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts