Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goings o put the order in for my 2013 rubi tomorrow and I'm stuck on if I should go cloth or leather. I'm going to get heated seats either way even if cloth so the leather is only like a extra 600$. But since ill be driving to to and from work and I'm a plumber I'm not the cleanest after some work ill be getting seat covers. So I dunno if leather is worth It if its just hung to be covered. Do the leather seats feel different the the cloth comfort wise?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2012 with leather seats and my sister has a 2010 with cloth.. I would go with the leather if I were you. Either one is waterproof, but the cloth stains pretty easily in hers. Also, I'm not sure if it was the seats or not, but she plays tennis and I think the cloth seats were retaining sweat and making it smell pretty bad in there.. I'd go with the leather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I have leather in my Grand Cherokee and Cloth in the 2013 wrangler. Love both but don't want the sun beating on leather. Ouch pretty hot if the tops off. The cloth look great with the Sahara logo on them and they are very comfortable

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I love leather seats. But in a soft top jeep, leather would be to hot for me. I use the sunrider top all the time. As much as i like leather I'm glad i got cloth.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a Black 2013 JKU with leather and I'm happy with it. Can't say much about the cloth other than the ones i experienced while test driving but for just a little more for the leather it was worth it for me. I might change my mind years from now when it's worn but so far I'm happy with the decision

·
Registered
261 Posts
id say the leather option should be discontinued... i guess its nice if you dont play but i love my cloth....sprayed them with marine waterproofing spray....mud or if my wife drives @!#$ all over the seats washes right off......yall seriously dont know how bad she drives...mr magoo looks like a nascar driver compared to her.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I drove a Mustang Convertible before the Jeep, and the amount of ass and back sweat that the leather caused made my decision easy to get the cloth.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its just if im going to cover it up with car seat covers is the leather worth it? Does the cloth get rubicon embroided into the back like the leather? Is the leather pretty soft keep from cracking?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I guess there is no right or wrong answer to this question. It boils down to personal preference. Whether I order or get one imported, I'm going with leather. With that said, the thread I started was if there was a difference in factory leather and Katzkins........

·
Registered
297 Posts
I agree it comes down to personal preference. I have leather in my 2013 and love it. When purchasing I wanted leather and my wife wanted cloth in it until she saw the cloth in person and she quickly went the leather route after that but that's her preferrence and others may like the cloth better. I also agree with the comment about leather not holding odors from sweat whereas cloth always seems to hold sweat odors. That was my biggest motivator for wanting leather in the first place.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Leather feels so much funkier when driving naked.

:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a plumber also and i wouldn't give up my leather for anything, heated, easy to clean and dont get soaked through if your caught in the rain with the top off or down. My 2011 had cloth and it was starting to wear very quickly...........just my opinion and experience.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I find that leather cleans up easier than cloth. Just wipe it off. The standard leather seats are only leather in the middle with the sides and front of the seats being vinyl that looks just like the leather. I doubt you would need covers for them if you are worried about cleanliness. Mine is a 2012, I don't know if the '13s leather has changed.

On the other hand if you are going with seat covers, save the money and go cloth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts