Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do jeep owners typically get aftermarket alarm installed in their jeeps?

I've been searching on this topic in this form and the internet and the thing I'm seeing is that soft top owners sometimes don't lock their jeeps for fear getting their tops ripped open only for the thieves to find nothing worth stealing.

I have a hard top and would like to drive around with it topless as much as possible but my concern is parking at random places. I wouldn't leave anything of value out in the open or even locked up inside it somewhere but it has me wondering if an alarm is even worth it in that kind of a scenario. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put an alarm on my my JK. t has a proximity sensor. I thought it might help for when the top was off to deter people from reaching into the Jeep. I never could get it adjusted right. Also when it was in my carport it would go off at random. I ended up disconnecting the proximity sensor.

In the end I just decided not to keep anything of value in the jeep and leave it unlocked. It takes a while to get used to that. But once you do it's kind of liberating to not have to worry about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts