Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,659 Posts
IMO it's too high, especially in back. I'd run flat fenders and drop it as low as possible while still allowing full flex. Low center of gravity rules in my opinion. Nice looking Jeep though

(remember, you asked)

·
Premium Member
16,903 Posts
Your opinion is what matters. How do You like it?

For me: I am a "Less is more" kinda guy. I like lower lifts. But, that's just me (probably)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hate it. My recommendation to you would be to dump that thing in the woods somewhere, say near my house for example, and start from scratch with a new Jeep.

·
Super Moderator
16,574 Posts
I'm a level guy... Any rake drives me nuts. I would normally suggest a 3/4 spacer in front rather than down in back. But on yours, you have a lot of fender clearance even in front (I like it) and bringing the rear down a little is what I would do. Do you have a spacer you can pull? Or are you thinking a different spring?

My favorite look is a level 4dr 3.5" with 35's and factory fenders... But my favorite overall setup is a level 2dr 2.5" with 35's and flats. :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
433 Posts
With flat fenders it would be defiantly too high. If you wanted to do flat fenders I would go down to the 3"...if I may ask what 3 inch you got? Or thinking about getting if you go down?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My options would be to replace the +4.5" springs with +3.0" springs or I do have four 1" front spacers which came with my previous leveling kit that I could add an inch to the front end.. I don't think I want the front any higher - especially with flat fenders about to be installed - so leaving it alone or bringing the rear down 1.5" are really the only options.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm a level guy... Any rake drives me nuts. I would normally suggest a 3/4 spacer in front rather than down in back. But on yours, you have a lot of fender clearance even in front (I like it) and bringing the rear down a little is what I would do. Do you have a spacer you can pull? Or are you thinking a different spring?

My favorite look is a level 4dr 3.5" with 35's and factory fenders... But my favorite overall setup is a level 2dr 2.5" with 35's and flats. :beerdrinking:
What I am thinking about doing to mine is 3.5 inch metalcloak lift, metal cloak flat fenders and 35 inch KO2's. I want it to have more body clearance on the trails...you do not think it would be too much do you? I also have 150-160 pounds on the front, side steps and 100 pounds on the back. Just figured that would weigh it down a bit after it all gets settled.

·
Registered
433 Posts
This is Synergy's Stage 4 4.5" long arm kit.. I'd replace the rear springs with their +3.0" springs.
Oh okay...I didnt know if you had like another lift that you had on there previously. I am looking at the Metal Cloak. I just do not want to have too much of a lift.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Wide stance, excellent tires. From the looks of the pictures may need some additional clearance in the rear as in bumper and maybe sliders. Very nice Synergy lift with res shocks. It should climb like a scalded Gorilla. Great job in my opinion. And if it performs off road as good as it looks I wouldn't change a thing. My opinion for what it worth.

·
Super Moderator
16,574 Posts
What I am thinking about doing to mine is 3.5 inch metalcloak lift, metal cloak flat fenders and 35 inch KO2's. I want it to have more body clearance on the trails...you do not think it would be too much do you? I also have 150-160 pounds on the front, side steps and 100 pounds on the back. Just figured that would weigh it down a bit after it all gets settled.
The 3.5 and 35's with flats is one of those that can go either way... Sometimes they look great and others, they look too high and a little out of proportion.

Usually they look just fine, but it's all just an opinion anyways...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Put the flats on and then take another side shot. Then you can decide. I like to drive a lower lift vehicle but love the look of 4.5" lifts.
Good advice and likely what is about to happen.. I love this long arm lift but can't get into the rake. Hopefully it won't take long for the shorter springs and bump stops to arrive to test out!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts