Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking at few knock off JW Speaker LED headlights and fogs. I would like some opinions from people who have used any of these brands. I would also like to know how long you have had them and if you have had any issues.

Knock off brands I would like opinions on
-Xprite (actually has a US based phone number to resolve issues. Based out of CA)
-Seward Offroad (Claim to have a life time Warranty. Has a phone number but them picking up is hit or miss. They are based out of FL)
-Sunpie (no conact number)
-LX-Light (seems to only be available on Amazon. Can not find any contact info what so ever)

As I said I would like to hear from people who have actually used these and how long they have had them. If you have used a different brand not listed here you have had a good experience with please feel free to comment also.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I can't speak for knock-offs, but will recommend Pro Comp LED headlights.

After much research/reading reviews, I chose Pro Comp:
Lifetime warranty, very bright, clean cutoff, and great fit.
Also, consider our vendors for better pricing. (I went with Allen's Off Road for headlights).

As far as driving lights, I went with Quadratec LED's.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have had the LX Light for a year now and they have been great. Much brighter than stock and look really nice. My set came with the fogs and they look great as well.

One thing you may want to consider is getting heated lights. The LEDs don't melt the ice/snow as well as normal headlights. I didn't have much issue here in Utah, but our snow is light and fluffy and we don't have the ice issues that some areas have.

Here is a dirty pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've ran the tailights on my Jeep for almost 4 yrs and they are still going strong. Be careful, all knockoffs aren't created equal. I was fortunate enough to have a bunch of different manufacturers send me samples of their products and I was able to weed through the good and bad to find out which ones to buy. Headlights the same thing, go them for friends who have been running them with zero issues for years. Same results, some have a better cutoff than others and quality issues. Sellers on eBay aren't going to tell you where they are getting them from, I'd suggest getting them off Amazon if you buy a set. Stay away from sunpie, sunpraee, and xsprite, all of those brands I tried were pretty much garbage.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Another thing that I will say about LX Light is that I had thought I had a bad light and contacted the vendor about warranty. He replied very quickly and said that it was very unusual for them to have defective lights and asked if I would check my connections and make sure before I sent it back. He was right. The passenger side connection was a little loose. If it had been bad, I don't believe there would have been an issue with them honoring their warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've ran the tailights on my Jeep for almost 4 yrs and they are still going strong. Be careful, all knockoffs aren't created equal. I was fortunate enough to have a bunch of different manufacturers send me samples of their products and I was able to weed through the good and bad to find out which ones to buy. Headlights the same thing, go them for friends who have been running them with zero issues for years. Same results, some have a better cutoff than others and quality issues. Sellers on eBay aren't going to tell you where they are getting them from, I'd suggest getting them off Amazon if you buy a set. Stay away from sunpie, sunpraee, and xsprite, all of those brands I tried were pretty much garbage.
What brand did you get? LX-Light? According to what I found on other forums on google most Jeepers are using LX-Light for both headlights and tail lights. Others had Lite-Way for tails. What brand did you use?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Lantsun makes some of the more reliable ones. I am running their taillights and turn signals, both for over 4 years. The third set of headlights I ran, they half Halo ones came from lantsun and they were great headlights with a nice sharp cutoff. Not quite as good as the ones I have now but they were probably my second favorite headlights I have ran.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Lantsun will back their products as well. I have a contact at the manufacturer that I use, but I haven't had any issues really with anything I have ever received from them. When they are coming out with something new they normally email me and ask if I'm interested in reviewing something for them. They sent me a set of the new JW style turn signals a few months back but I let a buddy have them and he did a review on them for me. I wasn't ready to change mine out yet. Most of the lights I have on my vehicle including the big 7" ones on the windshield and front came from lantsun, including the light bar on the hood. All which have held up and are still going strong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lantsun makes some of the more reliable ones. I am running their taillights and turn signals, both for over 4 years. The third set of headlights I ran, they half Halo ones came from lantsun and they were great headlights with a nice sharp cutoff. Not quite as good as the ones I have now but they were probably my second favorite headlights I have ran.
What headlights and fogs do you have now? I may start looking into Lantsun. 4years is quite a testament

·
Registered
241 Posts
I do not have stock fogs anymore, I'm running a set of 3.5" Amber cubes for fogs now. Another company sent those to me. The headlights I have now are not Lantsun lights, they came from a vendor who was using tuffplus as a manufacturer. They are solid lights though and I have been running them for the past 1-1/2, probably some of the best out there as far as cutoff and visibility on the road. Below is low beam on the road and a picture of the cutoff as well as the light

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am running the Xprite headlights from Amazon. They took some grinding with my Dremel to get installed. And they needed adjusting to point down. Other than they, they are really nice and bright. I am pretty pleased

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have had the LX Light for a year now and they have been great. Much brighter than stock and look really nice. My set came with the fogs and they look great as well.

One thing you may want to consider is getting heated lights. The LEDs don't melt the ice/snow as well as normal headlights. I didn't have much issue here in Utah, but our snow is light and fluffy and we don't have the ice issues that some areas have.

Here is a dirty pic:
Our snow here in Bozeman is light and fluffy too. Only Ice we get is black ice. Its pretty much the same anywhere out west

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, isn’t it great. As someone that grew up on the East coast, but has lived out West for 20 years, we are definitely blessed with the best kind of snow.
I think I am going to switch to what you have.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KNXSIYS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have not heard many other opinions on the other brands I listed. in my OP. Its also only been 1 day. I am going to give this thread another 4 days before I make my final choice. I am a member of 2 FB Jeep groups in both groups ironically a lot of posters have the same brand you have. LX-Light

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
My Amazon order history tells me I've been running the LX Lights with included fog lights since March of 2017. I live in Michigan, where they have seen their fair share of various weather conditions. They've worked great, and have exceeded my expectations. The only complaint I can think of is that the price is now $37 less than when I had originally purchased them. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My Amazon order history tells me I've been running the LX Lights with included fog lights since March of 2017. I live in Michigan, where they have seen their fair share of various weather conditions. They've worked great, and have exceeded my expectations. The only complaint I can think of is that the price is now $37 less than when I had originally purchased them. ;)
Thanks to you its1 +1 for LX-Lights. Imagine that :p

1 - 20 of 77 Posts