Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe this should go in general discussion? im not sure

anyway, this is kinda stupid and honestly i don't really care about messing with my exhuast or doing something like getting bigger piping put sometimes that big chrome tip annoys me and im not sure if i like it and other times i think it looks ok...should i put the black one on (pic below) or keep it the same (chrome and also a pic)

black tip

currently

·
Registered
95 Posts
i think that the straight tip looks good....
what's that, a 3" tip?
i'm sure the black tip will look fine just not as noticable or even not noticable at all.
try it on for size and post a pic. we'll let ya know......

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah 3" tip

i would try it on but the chrome tip is welded on so i can't take it off to test fit the black one

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Black.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I think the chrome looks good, but the black will match your truck better. Not to mention you wont rip if off as easily.

but do what you like more. I can TRY and photoshop for you tonite,but I am not very good :p

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like the Chrome. The black will just blend in and look more stock.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,805 Posts
I don't like either one. I prefer the stainless look of the stock pipe. The black won't last and the chrome is to pretty for me.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Actually on mine I am just gonna dump it after the muffler. I don't like seeing exhaust pipes unless I have something really nice done with them and can't really think of anything that would look stellar on a wrangler, so i am gonna hide mine!!:D

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
I think you're all being a buncha girls worried about how your tail pipe looks.

"Does this tail pipe make me look fat?"

"No honey, your head does."

sheesh ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Actually on mine I am just gonna dump it after the muffler. I don't like seeing exhaust pipes unless I have something really nice done with them and can't really think of anything that would look stellar on a wrangler, so i am gonna hide mine!!:D
Run it up the side like a semi. I've been wondering what it would look like. :) Add a snorkel with it and see how deep it will go.

On second thought, that's probably a bad idea.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,805 Posts
I'd suggest staying away from that. The tail pipe exits after the vehicle for a reason. If you are sitting at an idle you can fill the cab with harmful exhaust.

I have an exhaust guy that will cut the stock tail pipe and move it up where nothing can get to it for around 30 bucks.

Looks like this when finished.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Tough to see Andy. Do you have a close-up of that? I'm considering doing something like that to mine.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Yeah, mine is the same way as Andy's. Didn't want it getting smashed when i re-routed it for my long arm.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Now I could handle that Mr. C. I just like it to be subtle, unless I am trying to make a statement. And i don't think stacks are the statement I would be trying to make!!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I prefer the stainless look of the stock pipe.
this is what i'm after - the look of the stock pipe. this is the closest i could find to the stock tip...but it came in chrome and i would rather have black...i bought this to go back towards the stock look but i saw a stock one powdercoated black or it was a black tail pipe and it looked freakin awesome. so this looks close to stock and i like the black color.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I like the Chrome. The black will just blend in and look more stock.
this is kinda what im after...i like the black look...matches good too :D

i do have one question though....is this gonna change the sound AT ALL? i don't want even the SLIGHTEST change in sound because i love the way it sounds right now

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I wouldn't think that it would affect your sound any. It may be a tiny tiny bit but not enough that I would see you noticing.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I think you're all being a buncha girls worried about how your tail pipe looks.

"Does this tail pipe make me look fat?"

"No honey, your head does."

sheesh ;)

I'm with Tiny on this one.....does anyone really LOOK there, unless you smashed in on the rocks :eek: ........I never really thought tailpipe cosmetics was an issue........just needs to be functional and not hanging too low for me :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts