Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a procal and the quick reference guide shows everything between 28-36PSI, but it skips 32 which I'm running. Is there a code to do 32PSI? If not would I be better off setting it to 31/25 or 33/26?

·
Registered
38 Posts
IMO no big deal going with either. I set mine at 33/26 and run 32. When the tires heat up they go up to 35 without incident. But keep in mind if your pressure goes below the low set point (Like on a cold morning) you will have to inflate to above the high number to clear the alarm

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
set it to the lowest psi. That way it won't come from cold weather and yet if you really are getting a flat it will warn you.

Reactions: Old Dogger

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,861 Posts
Thats how I run my Jscan. It can be in the 80's here at 5:00pm today and then drop to the teens overnight. 36/26 seems to work for me without setting off the warning.

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
The way it is designed to work is the threshold is set to 5 psi below the target psi. so if the target psi is 32 psi you would want it set to 27 psi. But I agree with the others, just set it to the lowest setting, especially if you have the EVIC where it will let you see the actual current pressures. That is what we do.

By the way, 32 psi is the stock threshold for the TPMS system.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The way it is designed to work is the threshold is set to 5 psi below the target psi. so if the target psi is 32 psi you would want it set to 27 psi. But I agree with the others, just set it to the lowest setting, especially if you have the EVIC where it will let you see the actual current pressures. That is what we do.

By the way, 32 psi is the stock threshold for the TPMS system.
35 is the stock threshold, not 32.

Reactions: cthusker

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
Maybe on yours. On ours, and on my sister in-laws, the stock target pressure for setting tire pressures (the pressure on the door jam) was 37 psi and the pressure the light would come on at was 32 psi, 5 psi below the target pressure is where the light comes on stock. If your Jeep had a different recommended tire pressure, or if it worked differently than our Jeep and the ones I have seen, maybe your light came on at 35 psi. But I have not seen one where the light came on at 35 psi. In fact, my ProCal won't even let you set the threshold to 35 psi, or 32 psi. 29 psi is the highest it will let me set the threshold for the light to come on.
But currently I run between 28 and 30 psi and the light is set to come on at 22 psi.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe on yours. On ours, and on my sister in-laws, the stock target pressure for setting tire pressures (the pressure on the door jam) was 37 psi and the pressure the light would come on at was 32 psi, 5 psi below the target pressure is where the light comes on stock. If your Jeep had a different recommended tire pressure, or if it worked differently than our Jeep and the ones I have seen, maybe your light came on at 35 psi. But I have not seen one where the light came on at 35 psi. In fact, my ProCal won't even let you set the threshold to 35 psi, or 32 psi. 29 psi is the highest it will let me set the threshold for the light to come on.
But currently I run between 28 and 30 psi and the light is set to come on at 22 psi.
My light didn't come on at 35, it came at 28 or 29 and I had to fill at or above 35 for it to go off. For stock tires on sport-s, the PSI was 35.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
My light didn't come on at 35, it came at 28 or 29 and I had to fill at or above 35 for it to go off. For stock tires on sport-s, the PSI was 35.
correct the threshold is the number it comes on at which is what Guzzi is saying. 5 psi below the placard psi. you then need to inflate up to the placard psi to get the light out.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
correct the threshold is the number it comes on at which is what Guzzi is saying. 5 psi below the placard psi. you then need to inflate up to the placard psi to get the light out.
So either way then my threshold wasn't 32. Which stock JKs came with recommended PSI @37?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
So either way then my threshold wasn't 32. Which stock JKs came with recommended PSI @37?
Ours is a JKU BackCountry, stock recommended tire pressures were 37 psi. The same was true for my sister in-laws JK Willys, 37 psi. Both had 265/70-17 tires. And I believe Rubicons had the same recommended pressure. But I could be wrong on that one.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,861 Posts
Ours is a JKU BackCountry, stock recommended tire pressures were 37 psi. The same was true for my sister in-laws JK Willys, 37 psi. Both had 265/70-17 tires. And I believe Rubicons had the same recommended pressure. But I could be wrong on that one.
So do Saharas with 265/70/17 flavor with both the OEM applied KM2 and KO2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts