Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I recently started a thread (jeep banged up) a few days ago. Well after days in the shop trying to get the vibration out when it was idling I've finally settled with the insurance for a loss value claim and am going to come out pretty good. So that being said my previous 16 jku sport I ordered with side seat airbags. I am going to move up to a 17 Rubicon jku. The one on the lot that we have worked a deal on does not have them. Does anyone have any experience with them or if they really work or not or should I just order an 18 with them?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I specifically ordered mine to have them. These are obviously not the safest vehicles on the road compared to cars with full side curtain airbags, etc., but I wanted to get everything I could that Jeep offered as far as safety. So for me airbags and LSD to be on safe side. If you are getting a rubicon LSD isn't an option since you'll have lockers.

·
Registered
193 Posts
There are a few threads on this. Try searching "supplemental airbags" and "side airbags."

It really comes down to how much you care to have the extra safety, because it does have a better chance of increasing survivability/ reducing injury than without in a side impact. But, as some will point out, what are the chances? (Some argue that they don't apply to a lifted, armored, whatever jeep, but I disagree in in the link below) Maybe minimal chance, but there's always a chance...

Here is a link to a recent interpretation of mine on the subject:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/why-so-few-have-side-airbags-1989818-4.html#post30947217

1 - 3 of 3 Posts