Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some real world experience with OR-fab sliders? Seems like much of the info I find is from 2009 or 2010. I'm looking for strength for rock crawling. They are half the price of other brands which most of the times can tell you a lot but regardless I am curious about their performance. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I installed a set few weeks ago. They have worked great in the limited wheeling I've done so far. They do bolt on using the same attachment points as the Rubi sliders with one exception. There is a locater bolt that OR Fab supplies for the rear of the slider.

They also fit tight against the bottom of the tub with pieces of steel tubing, not just the mounting brackets the stock rails use. The bottom of the OR Fab units are smooth and clean up the area between the pinch seam and the frame, leaving nothing for rocks to hang on.

They also work well as steps.

Here's the best picture I have at the moment.

Mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did you end up with these?

I went to a training this weekend that we used a Hi-Lift on the OR-Fab sliders to jack up off a rock, hi center scenario, and then drove off the jack. The sliders did not budge and were beefy. In comparison we tried to jack up another Jeep with... Not Ace but the other three point slider that can be used with stock Rubi Rails and they started to bend under the load. I was told Rubi Rails can be used to jack from but may bend a little. The OR-Fab worked great. I dont think it matters but the Jeep with the OR-FAB did have the body protection too, but I think the sliders are just as strong without it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have these sliders and they are terrific. The install is somewhat of a challenge, but they are incredibly stout and heavy duty. Thick steel and you can drag them across rocks and they do their jobs...

·
Registered
205 Posts
My sliders have been on for two years now. I like the smooth flat bottom of the slider. It provides a nice protected routing of my Eaton rear locker power wires. When I add the aux rear lights I can also route those wires above the slider too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts