Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put side/corner guards on my Jeep and I have an OR Fab tire carrier. All of the corner guards I've seen have a cutout for the hinges. The OR Fab carrier goes behind the hinges. I'd like to know how you guys/gals who have both the OF Fab tire carrier and corner guards have mounted them.

Thanks, Fran

·
Knows a couple things...
49,021 Posts
I have the OR-Fab carrier and have mounted it over both Warrior steel corners and Savvy aluminum corners. The only thing I recall doing to compensate for the added height around the corner was to put a similar thickness spacer under the tailgate side of the tailgate hinges.

You can see where that spacer was inserted below, that crude red arrow is pointing to it. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Savvy corner guards are the only ones I've seen that don't have a hinge cutout in them. They look like they would work better. Maybe I can fill in the hinge cutout in the MC corner guards with a piece of steel and space out the hinge on the tailgate with another piece like you did.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have the same tire carrier with corner armor. I had to shim the tailgate as well. Works just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great...Thanks :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts