Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at 2012 orange crush colored jeep. I'm a little concerned about it being too orange. If anyone has pics of mods they may have done that breaks up the color a bit could you please post them. Anyone owning one after the initial few months of being different, did you regret buying this color? Thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
Waldo1994, are you looking at a Jeep that happen to be painted orange, or you want an orange painted Jeep?

My opinion is, if you want your Jeep to be orange in colour, you already know your answer. But if orange was not your first choice, you should pass that one.

:)

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
They do frost

They do it was the first place I looked. I was looking for more personal feedback. Thanks
What kind of feedback are you seeking? The only person that can tell you if it's too bright or if you'll love it is you, everything else is just speculation. My buddy has a crush '13 and it's great, I really like the color. But it's up to you if you'll like it or not.

·
Registered
2017 wrangler sport. white. Rancho 2 inch lift. Falken 255 80/17
90 Posts

Search is your friend.

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
657 Posts
I love orange. It actually was my first color choice. I was looking at ordering a jlur in orange for 58k. But as I went to order...... orange was discontinued..... Well, I started to look around. Found my girl I have for half the price....ok!

Reactions: AustyPosty

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am looking at 2012 orange crush colored jeep. I'm a little concerned about it being too orange. If anyone has pics of mods they may have done that breaks up the color a bit could you please post them. Anyone owning one after the initial few months of being different, did you regret buying this color? Thanks
my favorite color. I want NASA (International) orange.

Reactions: Boxcarwill

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'd look into having your Jeep "Wrapped", you can get it in any color, and when you get tired of the color just peel it off.

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
I have seen a lot of Orange Crush Jeeps. It is not my color but I can tell you that I think it is a very nice orange. Not too bright but certainly stands out. I go for red, blue, yellow, green Jeeps. 7th Jeep is Hydro blue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't have an Orange Crush Jeep, but I see one daily on my commute and it looks AWESOME. I think it's a great color. It has black flares and top, and black wheels which break up the orange. I wouldn't hesitate to own one that color. Could always paint the grill black or add a hood blackout decal as well to tone it down if you think it's too much. But I think they nailed it with that color.

Reactions: vanhalo

·
Registered
912 Posts
I never understand people asking about colors on forums. Color is completely personal preference. I have an orange Jeep and bought just because I wanted an orange Jeep. I love the color but it is not for everyone.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I picked the color of my TJ (Flame Red) but I settled on my Metallic Billet Silver Hard Rock. If I had my choice it would be NASA Orange or Toyota’s Inferno Red(Orange).

·
Registered
898 Posts
If you think it's a little too orange now, wait six months and you're gonna hate it.
Personally, I love orange.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,271 Posts
The best way to break up the any color is to add black, not chrome. Black wheels, black bumpers, any black accessory. When we got our Chief, I thought I'd tire of it quickly. Instead it grew on me but that was by adding black, black, black...

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle

·
Registered
219 Posts
I own an Orange Crush 2012.

It grew on me - I like it a lot now, especially with the wheels and small accents that I put on it - it hides the mud you pick up while off roading (good or bad)...... At first I was reluctant to get orange - having owned only gray vehicles before the jeep, but my wife liked it a lot and now I do too... The only thing I wish it had is some metallic in the color.

The best comparison for it is if you go pick up an orange at the grocery store - it will look exactly like the orange in the orange peel. The texture will be smoother of course, but the color is spot on.

It's also rare. I've seen hundreds of jeeps on the road, and only maybe 3 other Orange Crush jeeps. You'll get complimented on it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not quite Crush, but I have a Mango Tango '11. I specifically sought out this color. I think the orange with black accents is the best Jeep color by far.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts