Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I'm wanting spray my 2013 JKU underbody with rust protection before winter. I came across some suggestions of painting the muffler with high-temp rustoleum.

I've got an orange crush rubicon. The shocks are red. I love the red contrast. What do you think of painting the muffler red to match the shocks?

any thoughts on the color? Thoughts on rust-proofing?

thanks!
dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey everyone!

I'm wanting spray my 2013 JKU underbody with rust protection before winter. I came across some suggestions of painting the muffler with high-temp rustoleum.

I've got an orange crush rubicon. The shocks are red. I love the red contrast. What do you think of painting the muffler red to match the shocks?

any thoughts on the color? Thoughts on rust-proofing?

thanks!
dave
Red would be too loud for me. I personally am going to be painting mine flat black.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I tried the high heat Rustoleum grill paint in black. It looked great but came off where ever mud hit it when it was hot. Looked like crap and struggled to get the rest of it off and get back to bare metal. Don't bother.

·
Registered
591 Posts
We got a crush Jeep to and will be doing the exhaust in flat black this weekend. I like the red, crush and black theme of the Jeep but a red exhaust will be to bright for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts