Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the fence. My 2012 Ford F350 is finally paid off and only has 50k miles on it.! I want to get a Jeep to drive daily/for fun and take off road at places like Roush Creek. I would get a 2 door soft top Rubicon, probably with an auto trans (I live in the DC/Balt metro area).

The convertible aspect of it is a huge draw and I can park it in the garage when home and pretty much leave the top down most of the time. I like that they will probably offer a new diesel motor in the upcoming JL, I was concerned that they were going to ruin the soft top and make it like the Fiat with only the center section going down, but the recent spy photo;s seem to suggest otherwise.

What would you do? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you need one NOW? then get it! If not it doesn't hurt to wait a little bit longer to just see whats happening on the inside of the next version. Since you are getting a rubi there should be some minor upgrades to the interior if nothing else.

That way you can see if its worth waiting for or not. But if you want it for the rest of the summer months this year then buy the jk :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's a tough call, but I'd say it depends on whether or not you would even buy the diesel when it comes out and what your timeline is.

I'm in NoVA and just ordered one last Saturday. While I liked the thought of the diesel, it wasn't a huge selling point for me and buying into the first model year made me nervous.

Last I'd checked, I thought the ordering periods were going to overlap, but I could be wrong. Waiting with a paid off vehicle to order though could result in upgrade parts money saved... Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
595 Posts
We had a good 15 year run with the VW TDi diesels until VW cheated. We had 2 cars bought back. You do have to plan out where to get fuel as not all stations carry diesel and 1/2 the time since it shares a pump with a gas nozzle you have to wait for people to fuel because there's usually only one pump with diesel at the station. Drove my husband nuts!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANKS! It is at the dealer getting the lift and wheels and tires installed (yes I have an illness) but here it is in stock form;

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts