Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jeep is currently stock and I was wondering what the best order to do upgrades is. I want to do an soa, axle swap, engine swap and related drivetrain upgrades, bigger tires (up to 35'), and maybe onboard air and air lockers. What would be the best path to take? Should I just save up and do everything at once?

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Wheel it stock learn the rig then go up form there A proper soa conversion is not cheap. And when your going soa it's the best time to do an axle swap. So to build up axles your looking at 3-4k another 600 for proper steering for the soa , 400 for decent shocks , 200 for anti wrap bar , 250 for sye 2-300 for driveshafts each , then wheels and tires ...... Properly building a jeep isn't cheap. Once my 8.8 is done in my YJ I'll be 2200 into it. And I'm looking for a front axle now that I'll be building up also.

Fwiw im sua with tj flares on 35's.

·
Registered
848 Posts
It is hard to do piece meal and have anything your happy with before you are all done.

Not to expand the project but it is a great time to take the tub off the frame and do everything related while you are at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts