Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, recently started a thread on JK pricing... thought Id start one with some questions on ordering and as the months progress about how its going once I get it. Anyway, for the questions
1. If the color is not listed on Jeeps website is it still available? Probably looking to go tank green but dont see it on Jeeps site.
2. Can I order a rubicon with the Willys wheels (all black).
3. Is there a noticeable difference in scratch/dirt obviousness between the Dune and Tank? Also hows the Sarge look in person? My wife has a black JKU Willys and it looks filthy a good chunk of the year and any little scratches are obvious... but at least black isnt too bad to touch up.
4. Is the adaptive climate control worth it?
5. Do they actually charge more for the 4.11s when ordering with the automatic?
6. Where is the best place/best price on the max-cares now?
7. Is the wrangler expected to see the upgraded pentastar anytime soon?
8. How do leveling kits effect MPG (gonna be a daily driver), and whats recomended
9. Do they offer auto headlights on the rubicons?
10. 30-45 days an accurate order-delivery timeline
11. Anyone want to buy an 07 saturn ion?

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yes, they charge more for 4.10's and you can get auto headlights on the Rubi. I think auto climate control is worth it if you have (or plan to have) auto start. Just set it and forget it.

Not sure about the other stuff. Actually I'm sure no one here wants the Saturn. lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. I didn't want a saturn either... but figured it was worth a shot if any of you want a family owned car that gets about 30MPG for cheap ;) Part of the spring-break plan is to get it craigslistable.

Are 4.10s worth it if I never go bigger than 33s? This is mainly going to be a mall-crawler with maybe some light overland stuff. My thinking is if I can afford to have it not be a daily driver, I can afford to sink waaay more money into it.

I may do a leveling kit, but I'll be keeping the stock tires until MAYBE the tires on my wife's willy's go (it has about 25K on the clock) and then just swap the wheels over and get bigger tires on her wheels... assuming I can order it with black wheels.

Fuel economy obviously isn't paramount, but our Willys with 3.73s gets about 16 city (with rush hour traffic everyday) and 21 highway... I'd like to try to stay close to that. My work commute will be no more than 25-30 miles a day, but assuming gas prices go back up to bend-and-spread levels, I'd rather stay on the better side of that equation. I figure aerodynamics will mainly effect highway economy while gearing will effect all around.

Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the Tank color still available? Also, anyone have any side by side pics of tank and sarge and dune and sand?

Going in to get the ball rolling later this week. Looks like they will honor the USAA car buying price + military cash which should be right about 10% below msrp.

Mike

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Tank is no longer available for ordering.
You cannot order a rubicon with willys black wheels, but you can buy them in craigslist, which is what I did.
I have not heard the wrangler getting the upgraded pentastar any time soon.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you seen the Sarge green in person? I was realky looking forward to a darker green. For being able to "order" a vehicle you really cant order that much huh?

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Mike, answers in red below.

Hi all, recently started a thread on JK pricing... thought Id start one with some questions on ordering and as the months progress about how its going once I get it. Anyway, for the questions
1. If the color is not listed on Jeeps website is it still available? Probably looking to go tank green but dont see it on Jeeps site.
If you want to special order you cannot go by the colors listed on jeeps website. They stll show tank (not available) and don't list mojave sand yet for rubicons (I have one). Visit dealer.
2. Can I order a rubicon with the Willys wheels (all black).
No, unless the dealer will swap you after the jeep arrives at dealer.
3. Is there a noticeable difference in scratch/dirt obviousness between the Dune and Tank? Also hows the Sarge look in person? My wife has a black JKU Willys and it looks filthy a good chunk of the year and any little scratches are obvious... but at least black isnt too bad to touch up.
What is Dune? Tank is discontinued. Sarge is a personal preference. I prefer black fenders and top.
4. Is the adaptive climate control worth it?
Depends on you. I have it and like to set it to 72 and forget it.
5. Do they actually charge more for the 4.11s when ordering with the automatic? Yes, 4:10 is an upgrade is choosing automatic in a Rubicon.
6. Where is the best place/best price on the max-cares now?
I stayed with factory warranty. Lifetime warranty's require special attention to keep valid.
7. Is the wrangler expected to see the upgraded pentastar anytime soon?
The next generation wrangler (2018 MY) will have upgraded engines and everything else.
8. How do leveling kits effect MPG (gonna be a daily driver), and whats recommended.
Probably depends on which leveling kit you get. I've seen them from 1/2" front only to a full 2.5" "leveling" kit. Might loose 0.5 mpg maybe, or not. Your right foot determines mpg more then a 1" front leveling spacer.
9. Do they offer auto headlights on the rubicons? Auto headlights are standard on Rubicon.
10. 30-45 days an accurate order-delivery timeline? Depends on where you live and when you order. I got mine in 28 days but ordered at the beginning of the allocation window and live on east coast. next allocation window is 3-10-16.
11. Anyone want to buy an 07 saturn ion? Anyone want to buy a 07 Prius?

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
I must add, the last day to order a 2016 Wrangler is 4-15-16.

If you want to special order a Rubicon and wait till the last day you will probably be out of luck. For example, the February allocations were used up and some Rubicon orders have to wait till the March window (3-11-16) to even order.

Rule of thumb, order the soonest you can.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going in on Tuesday to hopefully place an order. If the dealer has to wait until the 11th its not a big deal for me. I may have them hold it a couple weeks until I am done with finals anyway (they said they would). Kind of bummed because I really liked the tank green but oh well. I just wish I would have the opportunity to see some Sarges in person before commiting to it. My wife has a black Willys JKU and I really want something different than the typical black/gray/silver shades... but not a flashy color.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Tank may return before end of model year, if it does it will be a very short window to order. If it doesn't you may have waited too long to order any JK.

I hate FCA for holding colors like they do. Doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm. And dune is done too? I may have to go the safe route and get a Granite Crystal Metallic one. I thought my dealer said he could order Sarge... why the ×÷%= cant your order a rubicon in sarge if they are painting Sarge? What the hells the point of custom ordering something then? It almost doesnt seem worth it.

Mike

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Sometimes they will reserve new colors for special editions only, for example, back in the summer of 2013 when Hydro blue came out you could only get it in the freedom edition, year after in the willys and the following year they opened it up to all models

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Theres an irony in the Sarge color not being available for the most offroad capable model.

Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ordered my JKUR today.
-Mojave sand/black cloth (will Trek-Armor when I get it)
-5AT
-4.10 Axles
-Side airbags
-Premium Soft top
-Connectivity
-Auto Climate Control
-Wheel locks

I ended up paying $38,083 including the "document" fee, title, reg, etc, they beat my USAA price from another local dealer by over $500. I was referred to the dealer by the owners son and daughter and law who I know from school, that said they have a great reputation anyway. Most painless car buying experience ever... now I just need to wait for it to be built. About 10% below MSRP.

Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ordered my JKUR today.
-Mojave sand/black cloth (will Trek-Armor when I get it)
-5AT
-4.10 Axles
-Side airbags
-Premium Soft top
-Connectivity
-Auto Climate Control
-Wheel locks

I ended up paying $38,083 including the "document" fee, title, reg, etc, they beat my USAA price from another local dealer by over $500. I was referred to the dealer by the owners son and daughter and law who I know from school, that said they have a great reputation anyway. Most painless car buying experience ever... now I just need to wait for it to be built. About 10% below MSRP.

Mike
Just a tip on the seat covers. If you want a special color combo call and order them from Bartact directly, if you mention the forum you get a small discount per row. I special ordered coyote/coyote for my mojave sand JKUR w/tan interior. Make sure you mention you have the side airbags, they are different from the normal covers. They quote you about 4-6 weeks to get them but they shipped mine out a week after I ordered them.

Also, if you want to drive yourself crazy I recommend getting a membership at Jeep Garage. They will track your order through the factory daily and you can see the progress of jeeps ordered around the same time to get a sense of when things will happen for you. I ordered on 2/9, went D1 (scheduled to be built) on 2/24 and I'm expecting KZ (built) sometime this week.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My wife's willys has trek-armor covers, forget where we ordered them though.

I looked into the Jeep garage thing and I think I'll save the 25 bucks for an interior lighting upgrade or something. The dealer said I can email him constantly if I please... I think I'll try to keep it to every couple weeks. Honestly it's probably better if its either really quick or after finals in mid May. I need to work on getting my Saturn sold as well.

Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When do I go from having a von to a vin?

Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dealer said it moved to the "production cue" today whatever that means.

Sounds like a good thing though

Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts