Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing else to report.
I figure you people are the only ones I could tell that would actually care! Thanks for the bazillion posts on lifts to help me decide...and then change...and then decide...rinse and repeat.
:iamhappy:

Reactions: Artdnj

·
Registered
54 Posts
Zimm, congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you can't wait to test it out. My Rubi going to the shop tomorrow for my 2.5 Game Changer install.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nothing else to report.
I figure you people are the only ones I could tell that would actually care! Thanks for the bazillion posts on lifts to help me decide...and then change...and then decide...rinse and repeat.
I totally understand, I told my wife my RK x-factor long arms should be in soon and she was not nearly as excited as I was.

How long did they tell you it would take to get in? My RK order is going to be about 8 weeks to come in.

-Eli

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick Review of Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex and Rancho 9000

I know this is nothing new, but for all those asking about lifts, here is more opinion to keep your head spinning. Krawl-offroad got my order moving super quick and my local 4x4 shop did a great job.
First impression: Dang, 2.5 inches looks more like 16"! I have not measured yet, but I'd guess it is more like 3.5" right now as I have no bumper weight yet. Getting in an out is a bit of a pain in slacks. May need a Mopar step-stool.

Quality: The RK gear is really impressive. The lower control arms look ready for an MRAP, and the track bar is the same. Heavy duty, solid ride, perfect tracking, no slop, no excessive body roll, no bump steer, still "as good" on higher speed freeway off-ramp situations. I was really expecting more drama from so much change in the ride height.

Ride: Still on factory tires right now (255/70?/R18) so I can compare ride somewhat accurately. The quick answer, the adjustable Rancho's are actually adjustable. Its not just a toy. The knob is a bit cheap, and you need gloves at least, but it does work. Too soft made for a jarring ride on highway expansion strips as the springs acted without control. But dialed down to 5 things feel more planted. You get some odd bumps here or there, but generally good. I'd say a slot below factory for highway, but big New Orleans pot-craters are a joke now. Just bounce on over them, no bottoming out or loud thuds.

Aesthetics: completely subjective, but the RK gear looks great. The Ranchos so-so. One thing I did not notice before purchase was the body-down design of Rancho v. body-up design on Fox. So Rancho has the rubber boot on top, so you see that on the front tires. In back, you see the silver body mostly. I prefer the way Fox does it. But a fair trade for adjustment. I do wish Rancho used the same silver finish from its 7000 series, as the grey paint looks less robust/real/quality than the bare metal look.

That's all for now. Hope that helps somebody, somewhere spend some more cash! I'll put a pic when I get my photobucket account working.

Reactions: Pushrod

·
Registered
413 Posts
Congrats one the new lift, I haven't really enjoyed my RK X Factor .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts