Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, three years ago I became a member here in anticipation of buying my first 'new' Jeep. The purchase got delayed and I bought a '67 Kaiser M715 as a project jeep instead.

Fates intervened on Thursday. Wife and I stopped by our local dealership, wife was looking for a daily commuter vehicle for us to go back and forth to school. Our family vehicle is a 2015 Highlander, but when we're not hauling the kids around we wanted a small economy vehicle. Anyway, we were looking at Nissans, Chryslers and a few other vehicles and wife decided to test drive a 2016 Renegade. Neat little vehicle but she has her heart set on a Note. In any case, there were a few Wranglers sitting on the edge of the lot. Test drove a Red right-hand-drive JKU (WEIRD driving on the 'other' side.). I finished the test drive and the wife saw me looking forlornly at the line of Jeeps--there was an Oscar Mike, a 2-dr Rubicon and a couple of sports. She took pity on me and said "What would you do if I bought you a new Jeep ?"

A deal involving daily love and snuggles was soon struck and I sat down with their 'Jeep Guy' and ordered a factory build.

2016 JKU Willys Wheeler W, Hard top, 3.73, 430 pkg, heavy tow, and color...MOJAVE SAND. Finished the order process, paid in full. Awaiting my e-mail build info.

BEST WIFE EVER!!! :iamhappy:

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Coming from another Married Guy..... Congrats! She sounds like a wonderful Woman.

Must be nice to have a good one :)

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
The Hell with His Jeep - Where'd he find that Wife! :)

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Very nice story, blah, blah, blah, welcome to the life style, blah, blah blah. Now about that M715, is it for sale? Any pictures or details about it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful wife and congrats on the Willys, welcome to the club!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats. I just ordered a Rubi this week too. Told my wife about the order and she said to expect a fight over who will drive it more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice story, blah, blah, blah, welcome to the life style, blah, blah blah. Now about that M715, is it for sale? Any pictures or details about it?

Here's the wife standing in the Kaiser. Work in progress, going to pull the bed and cab off the frame this summer. Already have a SBC 350 V-8 w/a Turbo 350 transmission, GM steering column/power steering and power brakes mounted in it. Meyer snow plow. Also plan on pulling the arctic top sheet metal off and going back to a cloth top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts