Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
We just ordered this beauty .Trading my '18 2 door Rubicon in on this. They told me 12 to 16 weeks. Does anyone know if it really takes that long? View attachment 4519390
There is a massive back order on microchips. Have you seen how few cars there are on lots?

I'd be surprised if you got it that soon, at the rate things are going.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
102,478 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
Nice looking Ride..(y)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'm curious how long it takes, if too long it should come as a 2022. Good looking rig by the way.

Reactions: Blickquickly

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Apparently this chip shortage hasn’t affected the Wrangler line too much. There are lots on the lots here and a friend order one 6 weeks ago, he got it a couple days ago. Trucks on the other hand are taking months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yes, it really takes that long.

I ordered my 2014 JKU in June of 2014 and back then it took 7-9 weeks, IIRC. Due to covid or supply chain disruptions back then so that may explain some of the additional time required.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I am soooooooo glad I ordered my F350 with a 6.7 diesel last November and was able to take delivery at the end of February. I thought that was a long wait. Nope. That's nothing compared to wait times now with the chip shortage.

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,983 Posts
Apparently this chip shortage hasn’t affected the Wrangler line too much. There are lots on the lots here and a friend order one 6 weeks ago, he got it a couple days ago. Trucks on the other hand are taking months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 22 Ram I ordered 2 months ago is supposedly gonna be ready late October early November...

·
Registered
596 Posts
My Rubi was ordered on June 1. Still in the scheduling phase. Not expecting it untill mid/late Sept.
Troy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts