Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there; new to the forum - going to upgrade my 2019 Unlimited Sahara MOAB (have 2 buyers current) and get a Rubicon with the XTREME RECON Package. I'm on the fence where or not to pull the trigger on a 2021 vs. waiting for a 2022 - Pro's w/22 waiting for 22, it would not be considered a year old; however, who knows what the pricing will be; have to expect at least a 2% - 3% price increase, and/or if there will be any parts constraints. I was also wanting a Manual transmission and right now you can't order with RECON Package. I'm really torn on what to do; with the chip shortage getting worse daily and who knows what the future will bring, I have (2) dealers who is willing to get me an allocation - they are saying 8 - 10 weeks.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Welcome from Arizona.

If I was going to spend that much money and planned to keep it a long time I would get exactly what I wanted. I would not be happy in the long run otherwise. I know the 8-spd is great and all that, but I get satisfaction from driving the MT and would settle for nothing less. I suggest making a list of the nonnegotiable features and dump the others if necessary. Axles are easy to replace with far better aftermarket. Be patient and you will be rewarded.

Reactions: WNY PAT

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I thought that the deadline has ended for ordering 2021 Wranglers, but don't quote me on that, just what I have read on this forum and others. I to am waiting to order a new 2022, but I really don't expect anything to change other then changing a few colors with other one's be they be new, or others brought back from past years. Usually Jeep starts off the new models with just 4-5 models and then add the other special models in the future months after production starts, but with no changes being made to the 2022 models will probably remain the same. I do expect Jeep to look at what Bronco has done and give some consideration to possibly adding some of Bronco features, but until Jeep owners demand and that's if they even do want some of Bronco features it will come in time ,probably be more in the 2023 model, if it even happens. I can tell you one thing, if you wait for Jeep to offer you the options that you want, you many wait a long time and in may cases it will never happen.

·
Super Moderator
11,801 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If you want a manual transmission, I’d make that the priority in your criteria.

You can add a lift and 35s after-the-fact relatively easily; a manual transmission...not so much.

Good luck!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would not expect to see a manual in the Recon package ever again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think you are right, I don't expect to see the Jeep Wrangler to offer the 6 spd manual transmission in anyother engine combination other then what is offered today. I don't see Jeep dropping the 6 spd manual, but most likely it will always be offered in certain models and in only one engine/transmission combination.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Agree with what everyone has said. And I’ll add,

While it’s easy to say “who knows what we will get in 2022”, we also have follow the obvious trends. And last few years we have seen much less offerings in MT and 2doors.

Like you, I want a MT. I also want a 2door. I also, would prefer a Willy’s Sport. But alas I want the Premium Soft Top. I’m hoping that is offered in 2022. Other wise, I’ll go full Willy’s.

If your want MT I’d wait and order that for 2022. Then add the mods to get what you want. I “think” you will continue to see MT in the Sport, Willy’s and Rubicon. At least those. After that, think it will be hit and miss.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You definitely still can order 2021’s. I just did. I also wanted a Recon package, well that’s an obligation at this time. You can’t order a Rubicon without it.

I though I read that there’s a new manual option coming out later this year with a “4:88:1 axle ratio. In six-speed manual guise, this new axle ratio delivers a 100:1 crawl ratio.” Not sure if that is supposed to come with the Recon package?

I usually would agree with get what you want, but right now, with prices the way they have been. You could order one, probably flip it for a profit or drive it a bit and trade it in one another one with potentially very little loss.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You definitely still can order 2021’s. I just did. I also wanted a Recon package, well that’s an obligation at this time. You can’t order a Rubicon without it.

I though I read that there’s a new manual option coming out later this year with a “4:88:1 axle ratio. In six-speed manual guise, this new axle ratio delivers a 100:1 crawl ratio.” Not sure if that is supposed to come with the Recon package?

I usually would agree with get what you want, but right now, with prices the way they have been. You could order one, probably flip it for a profit or drive it a bit and trade it in one another one with potentially very little loss.
yeah they are offering 4.88 for 2022; but only on manual and no XR package possible. not even 35s. just 4.88 rest you have to build your own.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey there; new to the forum - going to upgrade my 2019 Unlimited Sahara MOAB (have 2 buyers current) and get a Rubicon with the XTREME RECON Package. I'm on the fence where or not to pull the trigger on a 2021 vs. waiting for a 2022 - Pro's w/22 waiting for 22, it would not be considered a year old; however, who knows what the pricing will be; have to expect at least a 2% - 3% price increase, and/or if there will be any parts constraints. I was also wanting a Manual transmission and right now you can't order with RECON Package. I'm really torn on what to do; with the chip shortage getting worse daily and who knows what the future will bring, I have (2) dealers who is willing to get me an allocation - they are saying 8 - 10 weeks.
price increased for 2022. but few things are standard like premium audio & keyless entry. so, if you are fan of those features i will say price is reduced actually.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
price increased for 2022. but few things are standard like premium audio & keyless entry. so, if you are fan of those features i will say price is reduced actually.
Yes, I have a price quote and you're correct. My guess is Jeep is now trying to stay ahead of Bronco competition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts