Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at ordering a Bestop safari bikini, duster and windjammer. It says it fits 97-02 jeep wrangler tj with supertop. I am new to jeeps. What do they mean by supertop? I have a 1997 jeep wrangler TJ and it has a tube frame top that goes from the front to the back but don't know if that is the supertop or not

·
Registered
173 Posts
Supertop is a model from the Bestop brand. The hardware will be a bit different than Jeep OE parts. What they're saying is the bikini, duster, and windjammer will fit with the upper door frames, windshield channel, etc. from the Bestop Supertop. My current Jeep came with a hard top, so I didn't have and soft top hardware. I got a Bestop Trektop NX for it, and it came witth all of the hardware needed to install. Do you currently have a hard top or soft top? If it's a soft top, post some pics so somebody can help you identify what top it is. Then either they or somebody else can tell you if your hardware will work. If you only have a hard top, you'll need to add the cost of new hardware to your purchase...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts