Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to order a JK coming up in February for the Gecko color and trying to keep the cost well under $30,000.(Ouch...) Spent a few days talking myself down from an Unlimited and all the extra options. I have one BMO'ed for $27,050 which I understand I could get for around one to two thousand under MSRP.

PDF of selected options. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9392221/BMO 2012 Wrangler Sport S.pdf

1.)
My coworkers have been showing me their Sync systems in their Fords which has a really cool feature that Bluetooth phones are picked up and can start playing music over the connection immediately.(At a minimum having to press play...)
The Media Center 130 with the connectivity group, does it support this? If it at least supports tossing my old iPod in the USB port with the radio to control it that is good enough for me. I really tried to researching this on Jeep's web site, but nothing is really clear in their description.

2.)
Can half doors be ordered as an additional item along with the Jeep? I hate trying to find factory half doors used or new. Been looking locally for a good deal for my LJ for 2+ years.

3.)
There was a three... I forgot what it was. Sort of technical, what kind of credit scores does Jeep expect with their financing? I have a down payment, but I would hate to try them only find out they dinged my credit report horribly which could hurt me if I had to go to a bank.(I have good credit, but that was my POS experience with Honda before. They dinged my report and I dropped almost thirty points with FICO's scoring. Insane!)

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
I can't answer any of the other questions, but I know that they used the lowest of the three credit score numbers when I went in and bought mine, which was a slight surprise, given that I was going by the highest number, but it didn't affect things all that much in the end for me.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I do know bluetooth audio quality is not great, my volume almost max on bt, where normally it is 12 to 20

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I had financing arranged ahead of time, but when the F&I guy checked to see if he could beat it I think he said the cutoff was 640. They only check one of the three, but I don't recall which one.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had financing arranged ahead of time, but when the F&I guy checked to see if he could beat it I think he said the cutoff was 640. They only check one of the three, but I don't recall which one.
I managed to talk to a dealership salesman today. He basically said if the person was making $60,000+ they were generally guaranteed to get approved.

The salesman said that they could not order half doors in addition to full doors, but it was possible through the parts department.(Which we all know is very expensive.)

I did get a chance to check out the media hook up. USB connectivity is the way to go.

The test drive I did was in an automatic sport. Always felt like the automatic was trying to fight me when giving it extra gas. Really strange thing... IT WAS QUIET. I was really confused with that hard top on there in comparison to mine. Even then, I still could not hear the engine that well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Alexia said:
Trying to order a JK coming up in February for the Gecko color and trying to keep the cost well under $30,000.(Ouch...) Spent a few days talking myself down from an Unlimited and all the extra options. I have one BMO'ed for $27,050 which I understand I could get for around one to two thousand under MSRP.

PDF of selected options. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9392221/BMO%202012%20Wrangler%20Sport%20S.pdf

1.)
My coworkers have been showing me their Sync systems in their Fords which has a really cool feature that Bluetooth phones are picked up and can start playing music over the connection immediately.(At a minimum having to press play...)
The Media Center 130 with the connectivity group, does it support this? If it at least supports tossing my old iPod in the USB port with the radio to control it that is good enough for me. I really tried to researching this on Jeep's web site, but nothing is really clear in their description.

2.)
Can half doors be ordered as an additional item along with the Jeep? I hate trying to find factory half doors used or new. Been looking locally for a good deal for my LJ for 2+ years.

3.)
There was a three... I forgot what it was. Sort of technical, what kind of credit scores does Jeep expect with their financing? I have a down payment, but I would hate to try them only find out they dinged my credit report horribly which could hurt me if I had to go to a bank.(I have good credit, but that was my POS experience with Honda before. They dinged my report and I dropped almost thirty points with FICO's scoring. Insane!)
So you are really going for the Gecko. Great, and good luck with the buy. Please keep us in the loop.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you are really going for the Gecko. Great, and good luck with the buy. Please keep us in the loop.
Will do. :D I have about $3,000 saved in down payment and should have more by the time it comes available to order. Trying to hit 15% on the down payment.

Only thing that bothered me on the test drive was the drive by wire throttle design. Felt like it was always behind and the pedal was harder to push than a standard cable driven throttle.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Alexia said:
Will do. :D I have about $3,000 saved in down payment and should have more by the time it comes available to order. Trying to hit 15% on the down payment.

Only thing that bothered me on the test drive was the drive by wire throttle design. Felt like it was always behind and the pedal was harder to push than a standard cable driven throttle.
My dealer says that it is available to order. Not sure if I should have told you this since you're planning to save for a more significant down payment, but felt it wouldn't be fair not to share the piece of info.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been told that it is.
Pat on the forums has stated it will become available for production orders in February. So technically the dealer can offer it, but it would not get actually ordered and into production until February/March.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes to No.1...eventhough you found the answer! My iPhone picks up the U-connect in a minute or so, in the RES130 once the stereo is ON. Then its ready for music/phone calls.
Unfortunately, my BT music playback quality is not so good (its FM quality)..so I end up switching back to AUX anyways!

I think I finally found the answer about the Media Center 130. Took a bit too much searching just to find these details.
2012 Stereo Comparison
http://www.jeep.com/download/pdf/Phone_Compatibility_Document.pdf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts