Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me decide! Lol. About to make my first Jeep purchase - moving from a Range Rover Sport. I found a dealer that will order for me at a good price. Placing order Tuesday no matter what.

My build right now is hydro blue. But sometimes I think I should go with Granite, Black or White. I'm a big fan of blue cars and like the fact it is more unique, but my wife isn't a fan of the color and I do wonder if I would get tired of it.

I was also thinking of a clear matte/stealth vinyl wrap immediately when I receive it which I think would look good on blue, black or granite.

Anybody with a hydro blue have any regrets? Does the color have staying power? Do other people like it?
Anyone wrapped a hydro blue with a clear/matte finish? Any thoughts on that in general?

Thanks and have a great rest of the holiday!

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I personally think the blue is so much better than white, grey, and black. Those three to me are boring. Jeeps need to be loud and proud. I just ordered a gladiator in Gecko. Our JKUR is Amp'd.

Reactions: bill61 and Mr. JP

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
10 Posts
Help me decide! Lol. About to make my first Jeep purchase - moving from a Range Rover Sport. I found a dealer that will order for me at a good price. Placing order Tuesday no matter what.

My build right now is hydro blue. But sometimes I think I should go with Granite, Black or White. I'm a big fan of blue cars and like the fact it is more unique, but my wife isn't a fan of the color and I do wonder if I would get tired of it.

I was also thinking of a clear matte/stealth vinyl wrap immediately when I receive it which I think would look good on blue, black or granite.

Anybody with a hydro blue have any regrets? Does the color have staying power? Do other people like it?
Anyone wrapped a hydro blue with a clear/matte finish? Any thoughts on that in general?

Hey there! I just ordered a wrangler Sahara and I was super tempted to get the blue! I really like it, but like you I was worried I might get sick of it. I went with white, knowing I can add color using accessories if I decide I want to. I also thought white would have better resale value if I ever decide to sell. Whatever you decide though, I’m sure you’ll love it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like the bright yellow or orange. Personal choice, but the funny thing is I have white. Was shopping for specific options within a few hundred miles. Thete are a lot of white/black/grey to be found on dealer lots...In retrospect I should have just ordered exactly what I wanted.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts

I love Hydro Blue, it would be the color I choose if I was ordering new right now. It was not offered when I ordered my 2020 so I went with Bikini Pearl which is another blue color but Hydro is great. I am not tired of the color, if anything when I see it it gives me a smile, I love the color and that it is unique. I would choose a fun color over white or black both new and used. That being said color is a personal choice and I don't have to live with your choice but you do.

·
Retired Moderator
102,502 Posts
I think that a vehicles color, is one of the most important choices. Every time that one goes out to their vehicle, what is the first thing that one sees…the color. Everybody has different opinions, which is great. I think that some of these blues that have been, and are available today, really look great. But my favorite has been and still is Black. With Billet Silver as a close second. There is just something about, when one sees a Black Wrangler heading down the road. Bold and massive looking..IMO.

Reactions: bergy and Mr. JP

·
Registered
‘21 JLUR, AEV 2.5 DualSport, 35x12.5x20 BFGoodrich M/T KM3, 20x10(-19mm) Wheels
199 Posts

Sarge green all day, baby! 🤣😉

In all seriousness, that blue looks stellar!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I got my Hydro Blue as it was a good deal on exactly what I wanted.
After a couple days I realized how beautiful it is. People comment on it, people turn their heads as I drive by, and people even smile as I pass by. I am totally happy with this color. I’ll say it again, it’s beautiful.
I am not a fan of blending in with the crowd, but I will admit Jeep’s look good in most any color (it’s the styling).

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Wranglers look good in any color. The best one is the one you like, it your $$$$$. But, what you love today, you might not like 5 years from now. Some colors are easy to live with longer for me. White is one of them. I like the light grey non metallic. Loud, flashy colors work for a while but get old. I accent with red, diff covers, shocks, D rings. But, you're not getting a Wrangler 392 just to blend in,,,, enjoy.

·
Registered
1 Posts

go with the sting gray! It is awesome. I have it on my 2021 Rubicon 4xe and my father-law on his 2021 Rubicon Diesel. Otherwise, go with fire cracker red. I have it on my 2017 Rubicon and I love it and everyone, strangers included, do as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Personally I am a Black color fan. Also, it forces you to keep it clean so it always looks good! Did you spec it with the larger tires, and 456 gears? I have been looking into ordering one also, but still struggling with the price. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located, and if you don't mind telling us the name of the dealership, and contact person you used?

·
Registered
1 Posts

We had trouble deciding the colors too. But we ended up with the sting grey because it looks different under different lighting. Ours took 5 weeks to come in. Just did paperwork and payment this pass Monday. Now we are waiting for our new plates. Good luck on your choice. Sandy & Steve W.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Cloud Land vehicle

·
Registered
835 Posts
We had trouble deciding the colors too. But we ended up with the sting grey because it looks different under different lighting. Ours took 5 weeks to come in. Just did paperwork and payment this pass Monday. Now we are waiting for our new plates. Good luck on your choice. Sandy & Steve W. View attachment 4522555 View attachment 4522556
Great color choice, I have a RCSB Ram in Granite Crystal Metallic and it changes colors in the lighting too!
What's the wife gonna say when you start ripping pieces off to upgrade it? lol
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey everyone. I went with the hydro blue. Appreciate all the feedback and comments. It was a tough decision, but I decided I wanted to go for something that is fairly unique and stands out from the crowd.

For those asking about a dealer for ordering a 392, I can't say enough positive things about the one I ordered it from. Communication has been excellent, and they were a breath of fresh air on pricing compared to all the dealers trying to tell me they were still selling them at $15k-$20k over sticker.

The dealer is Dan Cummings in Ky. I live in Atlanta but they are shipping it to me. If you want the name of the sales manager I worked with send me a message. I actually heard about them in this forum when he responded that he could still place orders for them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What type of timeframe have they told you? Do you have any additional details of delivery expectations?

Can you provide your build?
6-8 weeks. By build is pretty much all options except the recon package, dual doors and decals. Msrp was. 79.4K I think.

Thought hard about recon package - don’t off-road really so it seemed like a waste, but I like the aesthetic and now wondering if I should have gotten it? Or should I just get bigger tires after it arrives? I could potentially call dealer and add maybe…

the higher lift makes it harder for my fam to get in and out of

1 - 18 of 18 Posts