Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 93 all of my interior is grey except for the lower portions.My pops dosent remember if it was like this when he got it. He left it out in the south texas sun for about ten years. Was it originally black cause i ordered the center part that covers the gages and radio hvac controls and it is jet black? Also does anyone know where i can get a brand new steering column bezel in black cause i have that and the middle part and i am going to put in a tuffy glovebox so i want it all to be jet black.One more question,can you take the whole dash off w/o removing the steering wheel? I took it pretty far apart and removed the old 4x6's, i dont know what you guys are complaining about it wasnt even that hard to pull the dash semi-off:p.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I didn't buy one new...but mine was gray around the gauges and black around the heater,radio and glove box.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i bought the panel where the radio goes. some dork decided he needed the cd player and messed the panel up. i made it match with a good can of spray paint. it worked good and lasted a long time. and yes, i did call the cops and in a few days the dope selling illegal dissapeared along with all the midnight traffic.:punk:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
all black. makes all the gages easier to see in the daylight. semi gloss dosen't reflect the sun much at all while flat black actually absorbs the rays.:punk: my new part around the radio was spice when i got it. a little bit of paint helps a whole heck of a lot.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so what do you think? I want it to match a black tuffy glovebox but i have never seen one so i dont know the type of gloss it has. Can you recommend flat or semi gloss and what type of paint?I have heard Krylon Fusion mentioned before.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Personally, i wouldn't paint it. I don't think it will look that good and you'll always have to keep it painted.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
:punk:krylon fusion works really good. keeping it looking nice is no big hassle. all of the plastic will come off.....if that's what you mean by "whole dash". don't let anyone talk you into or out of anything. it's your jeep.......think positive.:punk:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts