Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my first post here :D

anyway i was wondering how you guys are getting the original flowmaster 40's (or original flows) installed on your TJ's? don't you guys need a muffler with a centered inlet? all i see are the original 40's with off-center inlet's for sale. i bought one of these (model 42441) and took it to my mechanic and he mentioned that he couldn't put it on unless he reversed the muffler...which he advised against doing..since the exhaust would actually be going in the opposite direction than intended. what do you all think? it seems a few people do this.

i guess the flowmaster 40 delta flow would work(center inlet), but i want one of the original 40's on my jeep! grrr.

by the way i have a 2000 TJ sport (automatic). thanks guys for any advice you can give.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was told the same thing that it HAS to be center in offset out, I bought the opposite and it fits just as well your guy just needs to take his time getting it up in there. But it will definitely fit and work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow! so it sounds like the muffler i have is the right one. i'm going to my mechanic first thing in the morning to let him know what i've learned. thanks guys! i love this forum. :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just an update here... i got the flowmaster installed by a mechanic that deals with high end exhaust systems...it cost me only $50! i was expecting more. he was just as impressed as i was with the total change in sound coming from the muffler. i'm definitely happy i went with the 40 (original flows) model.

so i'm just confirming that the flowmaster 40 with offset inlet/center outlet WILL work.. you just have to find the right guy that will do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts