Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been running JKS quicke discos for awhile, but I'm currently in the mood to upgrade to a dual rate sway bar. Is anyone running the current generation swayloc that can give some feedback?

Seems like the newer gen would install similar to the anti-rock, but I can not find anything about install that isn't 4-5 years old with pictures removed.

How is the street performance? My Jeep is not DD but trying to keep fairly well mannered on road.

The company itself doesn't seem to have the best rep. but I really like this product. Are there better options? TF seems to have issues with there's as well, and I'd like to be able to flip a switch., but not deal breaker.

SwayLOCâ„¢ – OffRoadOnly

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I know someone that had it on a TJ he had and loved it. I looked at the display at the Offroad Expo last year and just yesterday was actually thinking about it again. I have a JKU and like you, couldn't find much current info. I was thinking since the Expo is Sept. 1st I would see about looking at it again if ORO has a vendor booth. I like the idea of the dual rate, my husbands TJ has the anti-rock and it's amazing, but his Jeep is rarely on the road. It's pretty much just to and from the trails, my JKU I drive 300 miles to Big Bear, wheel and drive home. I really don't want the anti rock, some of the roads are bad enough without the extra little body roll, lol.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have one. Its fantastic. On road it seems a little softer than stock but that is completely subjective. At highway speeds it is fine with no control issues. Off road it is more stable than being disconnected with much better ride/articulation than connected but obviously not quite as much droop as disconnected but again that is subjective as I have not measured it. I love it. The ease of swapping from on road to off road setting is great. No more rolling around on the ground connecting/disconnecting. I would not bother with the air switched version. The manual one takes all of about 10 seconds including getting in and out of the jeep.

The only thing to watch out for is clearance of your front skid plate if you have one and making sure that you keep it lubricated. I have the AEV front skid and that makes maintenance a little tricky but it can be done. Every 6,000 miles or so I take the skid off and give it a good inspection and lubrication. In between I use a grease gun with a long hose to make sure that the grease is topped up. I am also not sure how long the heim joints & internal bushes will last but they are easy to replace.

Completely recommend the product. 15,000 or so miles with zero issues.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't have the oro but I do have the antirock. I think body sway has a lot to do with how your suspension is set up, especially the coils. I'm on a 2jnch budget boost and 35s with the antirock and i feel no difference in body sway from the stock. But I'm also still running stock coils and shocks. Just have a soccer puck and shock extension brackets. Personally I love my antirock. And I bet the oro is absolutely bomb too. So I don't think you'll go wrong with the oro.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the swayloc on my Jk with a 3link front and rear Fox coil overs and 37’s. I had Antirocks front and rear and loved it off road but on the street it was a little to unstable for me. I went with the front swayloc and stock rear sway bar. More stable on the street by a lot and when Offroad it responds just like the Antirock did. Saving up for the rear one now. Do it and don’t look back.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I thought this sounded pretty cool, then I saw the price! I can get out and take my JKS links off many times for $999. Also, how do you have a company website with no pictures of your products? I had to go to Quadratec to find pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts