Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
new to the forum and area and looking for some advice. Im not looking for extreme off road or anything right now. Looking for some novice trails or fun dirt roads or something in DC area. Thanks in advance for any help and excited to be a member.:punk:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have been searching online but most everything is couple hours away. Just need to go exploring maybe find a jeep club. Its funny here around DC area no one does the jeep wave! must be a country thing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to the forum and the DC area as well. I just purchased a stock JKU and am looking for some easy trails to take the family on weekends (before expanding to more difficult trails on my own). I've seen some comments online about George Washington National Forest (Peters Mill Run - $5 per person), but not a lot else. GWNF is almost 2 hours from Springfield (where I live). I've also done some reading about Assateague Island. It is south of Ocean City, MD and is a stretch of beach (like the Outer Banks in NC) that allows off road vehicles (for a fee). It's about 3 hrs and 20 mins from Springfield. If you come across anything else (and definitely something closer!), I'd love to hear about it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing yet close by I know of but ill post something if I find something we dont have to drive hours away.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Checkout RedCloud Offroad. They are in Lorton Va and have some pretty mild stuff compared to Rausch Creek. You can have fun in there though with a stock Jeep no problem as well. Redcloudoffroad.com.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will have to check it out! looks like you get a pass for event? You cant just go whenever you want? Ill contact them and bout hour away not bad.

·
Registered
690 Posts
yeah they are only open at specific times. not ideal but to have something in NoVa is pretty impressive considering all the local regulations!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Checkout RedCloud Offroad. They are in Lorton Va and have some pretty mild stuff compared to Rausch Creek. You can have fun in there though with a stock Jeep no problem as well. Redcloudoffroad.com.

thanks for that link! never heard of them before.

·
Registered
28 Posts
+1 for redcloud. Yes it's stock friendly but not always a cake walk. There are a few spots where the mud is brutal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts