Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this? My buddy is a machinist and told me to use it to fix a couple of small floor pan spots before I line it.

This stuff is awesome. Used it today and you can tell its eating through the rust like crazy. I was told I wouldn't have it pop up again if I used that instead of just a sander.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Better than POR15??

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Ospho is phosphoric acid. Any of you gun owners know that phosphoric acid is what gives firearms the parkerization coating that the military uses on its firearms. It is a great "anti-rust" coating by causing an initial layer of surface rust. Once that rust has formed, no more rust will occur as long as it is oiled or coated.

I have used this stuff on many brackets and small parts with great success. But since you have brought up using it on body parts, I would advise contacting the manufacturer of the paint you intend to coat with to make sure it is compatible. I have heard great things about POR BUT I have also heard some bad things about it... generally regarding a gas it emits which doesn't allow some paints to bond to it. As I understand it, once the POR is allowed to dry properly (as per the directions) than it shouldn't be a problem... but some jeepers have had problems with it.

Take care,

·
Registered
34,586 Posts
I have been using this stuff on my 4x4s for years. It works great.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I put some in a spray bottle and hit up some tie rods and things on the undercarriage rinsed then went back and sealed with fresh paint. Looks 50x better than anything else I've tried

1 - 9 of 9 Posts