Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I REALLY LIKE the Mastercraft grill insert for the stock Wrangler grill but not in this life will I pay 300.00 plus grill insert.
Did the search thing and there a a butt load of options but no to much mention of real quality of the products.

I would like a great quality grill insert/s for my Rubicon without getting reemed, who makes the ?

:action-smiley:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I'm thinking about one too. But it needs to have the hole for the hood lock. I'm more interested in keeping bugs out than I am in looks.

·
Premium Member
7,470 Posts
I REALLY LIKE the Mastercraft grill insert for the stock Wrangler grill but not in this life will I pay 300.00 plus grill insert.
Keep looking on Craigslist. I found a brand new, never been installed, Mastercrafters grill insert for about half the price of a new one a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Sorry to threadjack, has anyone seen / installed a full-sheet grill insert with a honeycomb pattern? I can find them all day long as 7 separate pieces that get mounting-taped into place, but can't seem to find one that sits behind the grill / hopefully that mounts to the grill mounting tabs for easy installation. It's for the wife's jeep, otherwise I'd be putting my own together out of metal gutter guard and zip ties...

Thanks
O_E

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Just get the eBay grill insert for $60 bucks. Looks great and no problems for 5+ months so far.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
IMO, save your money and DIY. About $10 in materials (zip ties, zip tie mounts and some gutter guard) and mine was done. (i did spend a little extra for the paint for it.)

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ones from Amazon look ok but people reviewed them as being to short and off center.
Would like a nice product for sure.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have the black stainless grill inserts off amazon +-$60. They look good and are centered.

·
Registered
257 Posts
X3. The JWM grill inserts are high quality and super easy to install. The price is right also... The website (JWM 4×4 – Jeep Wrangler Parts & Accessories) shows them currently on sale for $80. And that is canadian $. Run it through paypal... mine came out to around $60. Shipping was quick.
x4. High quality, great fit and finish, heavy duty, and super easy to install. And $60 is a steal!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
JWM all the way. It looks great, installed easily and it didn't break the bank. I have the hood lock version and everything lines up perfect. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Sorry to threadjack, has anyone seen / installed a full-sheet grill insert with a honeycomb pattern? I can find them all day long as 7 separate pieces that get mounting-taped into place, but can't seem to find one that sits behind the grill / hopefully that mounts to the grill mounting tabs for easy installation. It's for the wife's jeep, otherwise I'd be putting my own together out of metal gutter guard and zip ties...

Thanks
O_E
The JWM is a solid piece (very solid) and installs in about 5 minutes. Snaps into place and has 3 screws to anchor it in at the bottom

5.jpg

1 - 20 of 89 Posts