Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time Jeep owner. JK Sport Auto,Hard top Stock in Hypergreen. I do have to admit...I held off way too long.

To my point. I see all of these incredible Jeeps on this forum. It is quite impressive as to the Overland style builds that are on here. Each one with its own unique style.

Well, that build style really doesn't benefit me for my terrain. I am completely satisfied with the 255/75/17 tires, and I do plan on going with an AT tire in the near future (Make and Model pending). I do some offroad during hunting season, but in SW Louisiana we do not have any elevation. Most of my travel are on old fire break roads or established trails with light mud and a few pot holes. Nothing where the stock set up would be compromised. The family and I do make frequent trips to the Gulf of Mexico and spend ample time on the beach.

So my question is, what upgrades would benefit my situation the most? Nearly all of the websites cater to the lifted, big tire crowd. If anyone could spare some advice or recommend some websites, or even share some pictures, that would get my wheels turning for sure.

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this site and any information would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
My best advice: drive it for a while and see what you feel you would benefit from. basic stuff to start would be recovery gear (proper recovery strap, some d rings, shovel). Something to air up your tires (viar compressor) so you can fill em up after airing down at the beach.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Maybe a front bumper and a winch. Beef up springs to handle extra weight added. Some type of soft top or sun shade.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
As stated above, unless you want to do a lot of rock crawling and that kind of thing, any stock wrangler will handle more than most people will ever throw at it.
And most people out there are doing the mods for looks just as much as (or more than) any actual NEED.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
As stated above, unless you want to do a lot of rock crawling and that kind of thing, any stock wrangler will handle more than most people will ever throw at it.
And most people out there are doing the mods for looks just as much as (or more than) any actual NEED.

woooah woah woah. 35s with 20" rims are NECESSARY for mall performance. Come on man.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the information. Took the Jeep out to the beach with new Toyo Open Country AT2's and inflated them down to about 16 PSI. Zero issues all day long. Put about 55 miles of driving on the coast. After all was said and done, I did have issues with re-inflation. It just took forever. Granted I am using some cheap emergency style compressors and I know that these are not designed for what my intent was. So I guess a 12v air compressor will be the next item on the list.

I have looked at the ARB that mounts under the hood but I do not want to do a permanent install. I would rather something that could be portable. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Appreciate the information. Took the Jeep out to the beach with new Toyo Open Country AT2's and inflated them down to about 16 PSI. Zero issues all day long. Put about 55 miles of driving on the coast. After all was said and done, I did have issues with re-inflation. It just took forever. Granted I am using some cheap emergency style compressors and I know that these are not designed for what my intent was. So I guess a 12v air compressor will be the next item on the list.

I have looked at the ARB that mounts under the hood but I do not want to do a permanent install. I would rather something that could be portable. Any suggestions?

The Viar 400p is popular for the price point. I think all 12v non permanent mount compressors are gonna be less than speedy. I run CO2 and it is obscenely fast. Fill ups measured in seconds not minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts