Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep. I did it. Wrecked the jeep. :( 10,000 worth of damage. I almost threw up when it happened. And it has only 8100 miles on it. Broken knuckle, bent axle housing, bent upper and lower control arms. Mounting brackets for lower cracked welds. Jacked up radiator support. Both fenders, hood? Air dam behind hood. Track bar and brackets, one stabilizer, tie rod. Blugh I just threw up.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No it was mine. I just had it detailed and the carpets still had that wet feel. Some lady stopped real fast in traffic and when I hit the pedal my foot slipped off. I fumbled for prob a couple mil. seconds and got back on the brakes but it was to late. I hit an 08 grand cherokee. Didn't do hardly anything to it. I hit right on the right side of the frame mounts on the bumper which folded easy and the bumper got the tire. Hence all the damage.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plus. Now they are trying to total it out ! I say horse shit. It's worth 30,000+ , the estimate ended up being 13000. The body shop says they can't total it. They gave me the option to keep it and they will make an offer Friday for me to keep it and I can have it fixed. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
459 Posts
sux bro just wait and see what the off is, if you can keep it cheap enough its usually cheaper to upgrade stuff than to go back stock anyhow.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it's totaled. 17,500 for repairs. Lol. That's stock parts. I can build a hard core rig for that. Any ways. Best thing is its worth like 5k more then I owe and it WAS an 11. Easy decision. 2012 here I come. Maybe a couple more options this time. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Rubicon FTW!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nah. I'm trying to stay around 30,000. I built one for 29300 that has the lited slip, keyless entry , power windows and locks, plus tow package. Sport unlimited.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol I still have the third row seat. I was going to put it in the day I wrecked it. Shew! Bad news is I just paid tag tax and plate for the other one like 3 months ago. Ouch!

·
Registered
459 Posts
that sucks bro! my brother tried to buy his without power doors and locks cuz he likes to take his doors off and they wanted to charge him like $3000 cuz they would have to order one. the selection at south pointe looks pretty good i drive by there every day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts