Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine and I are headed to Ouray for some wheeling. We will be there Thursday night August 17th and leaving Monday August 21st.

Would love to have some friends join us. We plan on running Black Bear Pass and Imogene Pass for sure. That's only 1 day of wheeling so any trails after that are open. 3 days in Ouray with the Jeep!

Anyone is welcome to join us!
:happyyes:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just wanted to bump this thread as I am seeing a few people that won't be making it to Hooray for Ouray this year but have expressed interest in possibly going a little later and even in August.
Anyone is welcome to drive down with us or meet up there.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just another bump...this trip is still on! SgtLoco...looking forward to meeting up with you! Bonker....it would be nice to make a run with you too.

If you didn't make Hooray for Ouray this is your chance!

Recent reports of Black Bear Pass and Imogene Pass look great!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to challenge Poughkeepsie Gulch this trip....no winch but with the right line I think it's doable.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Wish I could join you! Ive done it without a winch, just gotta have the right line.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wish I could join you! Ive done it without a winch, just gotta have the right line.
Thanks....I've feeling adventurous enough to try Poughkeepsie Gulch this trip. Sorry you can't make it. My buddy that was going to ride along with me had to cancel. I'm no longer staying in a hotel room but in a camping cabin. I'm looking forward to the trip for sure. I think right now just 2 Jeeps are going. Myself and SgtLoco...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally made it to Ouray about a half an hour ago. Got settled in. If anybody finds them self out here between now and Monday give me a shout.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I have done pough keepsie as has my brother without issues two years ago. a week ago we tried with no luck as it was raining and muddy. We were running the trail backwards ie from Silverton so we went down it and than attempted to get back up and no way we were getting back up without winching. Our plan was just go from Silverton do the Wall and come back the same way. I can tell you if it is wet it is slippery than all get out.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have done pough keepsie as has my brother without issues two years ago. a week ago we tried with no luck as it was raining and muddy. We were running the trail backwards ie from Silverton so we went down it and than attempted to get back up and no way we were getting back up without winching. Our plan was just go from Silverton do the Wall and come back the same way. I can tell you if it is wet it is slippery than all get out.
That's what I have heard. We are running Black Bear and Imogene today. Plan on running Poughkeepsie tomorrow. There was rain in the forecast for tomorrow but they just changed that so I'm keeping fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back from Ouray a day early. Had a blast and a big thank you to SgtLoco for wanting to go. The weather was perfect and the trails fun. Here a just a couple of pics from the trip. I'll be working on a video.

Attachments

Reactions: FattyMcJ
1 - 12 of 12 Posts