Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my TJ back from a rear upper spring relocation and outboarding my shocks. I picked up about a foot of static travel in the rear. Not sure if it is a good measurement, but I ha 32" to the bottom of my tire in the am 34" in the rear.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Looks titty, what did you use for lower shock mounts?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Nice work, who's towers? I've been looking at the Ford shock towers and the Poly ones as well. I haven't done much research yet.

Do I see a coil correction kit on there too? I plan on doing both of these when I do my lift.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Love the color of your Jeep, looks like you just rolled out of Baghdad.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the Poly Performance rrear coil over kit, which comes with the lower mounts and relocated the stock upper coil mount to correct the spring position.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
ROK1 said:
I used the Poly Performance rrear coil over kit, which comes with the lower mounts and relocated the stock upper coil mount to correct the spring position.
Do you have pics of the lower mount?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
more pictures...

we need close-ups, more pictures please. how long did it take? what do you thing the cost was, did you do it your self..I`am looking to do this also so all info will help..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I'm ordering metalcloaks and out boarding my front shocks over winter break, so I'm kinda sorta really jealous of your built at the moment.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Ford towers are the least expensive route. I bought 4 at $23 a piece.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I read about outboarding, the Ford shock towers will interfere at full flex, which is why I selected the Poly kit. It was between Pply and Genright. Poly was a bit less expensive, but in hindsight I think the Genright has a wider upper mount for better flex capability for Jeeps without lift. If you notice, I have my rear shocks upside down to gain additional clearance. I'll try to take some additional pictures. The work by the way, was done by KrawlTex in Austin.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
This is one thing I have been meaning to read up on a lot. Especially for the next build of this Tj, which will be a more low cog build.

Any good write ups on the pros, cons and who benefits more from it? Both the out boarding and coil correction.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts