Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll! Could ya'll help me out and give me your opinions on what I am wanting to do with my TJ? I am wanting to make my TJ more outdoor friendly. What I mean by that is, I want to protect and toughen up as much of the interior as I can, for whenever the top comes off and when the doors come off. Because I plan on taking them off a lot!

So, the first thing that came to mind would be to bed line the rear interior of the Jeep. Because if I need to throw anything back there, or if i'm hunting or something and I have to carry a bunch of my buddies around, the back won't get scratched up and if I get the back muddy, it will be easy to clean off and it won't be slippery to walk around in. I think i'd be willing to pay for Rhino Liner, even though it is the most expensive bedliner to use, it is very high quality. There are 3 Rhino Liner shops here in Austin, so getting it installed would be easy. Just...expensive. Opinions on that plan?

#2. I want to roll some bedliner on the lower door frame/tailgate frame so those parts of the Jeep don't get scratched up and so those parts will be more grippy and not slippery. (Like getting entry guards, but just rolling on bedliner instead). Does that sound like a good idea to ya'll?

#3. I would need to get seat covers to ensure that no mud, dirt, or other debris gets rubbed into the cloth seats. I don't need super nice seat covers, just ones that are waterproof and cleanable so I they can still look while I am just driving around in the city. Only thing is, I can only find expensive ones that are really just too nice to use as a "mud" seat cover. I've looked all over trying to find some, but the only cheap ones I can find are SmittyBilt's disposable seat covers...and I don't want those. Do ya'll have any suggestions for me on which seat covers to get?

#4. Any other suggestions to protect my interior once the doors and top come off?

Thank ya'll for the help!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Herculiner ur interior, don't pay for over priced rhino liner. That's what I did and I just got tough rubber floor mats. And for deer hunting just get a carrier for ur hitch if u get a deer. Seat covers... Autozone just get basic ones if u want to let them get messed up

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Herculiner ur interior, don't pay for over priced rhino liner. That's what I did and I just got tough rubber floor mats. And for deer hunting just get a carrier for ur hitch if u get a deer. Seat covers... Autozone just get basic ones if u want to let them get messed up
So you got Rhino Liner and weren't impressed with it? Also, just curious, how much was the total + labor? I'm assuming somewhere around 500-1,000 dollars?

·
_____O|||||||O_____
108 Posts
Monstaliner, in my opinion, is FAR superior to Herculiner. Research Monstaliner. Also, why only the rear? Do the entire tub! :) I did and I am more than happy with the results.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Herculiner
just do it yourself.. never pay someone to work on your tj.
That is the one of the reasons why I wasn't too fond of Getting Rhino Liner at first, is because someone else would have to do it and not me. :/

Ok, i'll do some more research on Herculiner, i'll compare it and all that. Thanks ya'll!

·
Registered
210 Posts
It cost me 100$ to herculiner mine and looks good. Just make sure u get rubber mats its a great investment and will make ur liner stay new for a long time to come because ur not rubbig ur feet on it every day. I just sanded down my interior to make it hold better.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MVintherTJ said:
Monstaliner, in my opinion, is FAR superior to Herculiner. Research Monstaliner. Also, why only the rear? Do the entire tub! :) I did and I am more than happy with the results.
Well Because I think I wouldn't like it if the front too was entirely bed lined. I like the carpet how it is.

Even when the back is rhino lined. I can easily put parts of the carpet back into the back. Since I like the carpet. But when need be I can just take the carpet out.

:)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh dang ...I forgot about monstaliner. I'll do some research on it too.

Thank y'all!

·
Registered
268 Posts
idk putting bed liner in the whole jeep was a good move on my part, cleaning mud out of the carpet was a nightmare, idk how many times ive woke up and there has been inches of water in the bottem of my jeep from unexpected storm, the carpet just holds the water and rusts the tub, i would recommend bed lining the whole thing you can still put your carpet back in if you really want but it protects the tub from the elements

·
_____O|||||||O_____
108 Posts
idk putting bed liner in the whole jeep was a good move on my part, cleaning mud out of the carpet was a nightmare, idk how many times ive woke up and there has been inches of water in the bottem of my jeep from unexpected storm, the carpet just holds the water and rusts the tub, i would recommend bed lining the whole thing you can still put your carpet back in if you really want but it protects the tub from the elements
x2

·
Knows a couple things...
49,630 Posts
Have you protected the vulnerable outside items on your TJ like the oil pan? I'd be doing things to protect critical points like the oil pan with a skidplate before I'd worry about the interior.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
Have you protected the vulnerable outside items on your TJ like the oil pan? I'd be doing things to protect critical points like the oil pan with a skidplate before I'd worry about the interior.
I've already been looking at skid plates for the undercarriage. Just don't know which brand to use. I got it though. Thank you!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
+1 on the hitch carrier for hunting, or at least, a tarp. Not to be gross, but getting dried on blood off of a rough surface like bedliner is a drag.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'd go with the herculiner all the way. also, if your unsure of using it on the outside, try plastidip, if you don't like it you can peel it off. also I recommend at least pulling the front carpet up to bedline the floors under the carpet to protect from rain. next just get some cheap Kmart seat covers, and put a trash bag over your seat but under the seat cover. use under coat on your frame, crossmember, and fuel tank. prevent rust wherever possible. thats the major key.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
One key thing not mentioned yet is protecting the clock spring. If you are going to leave it open and in the rain keep the clockspring dry

1 - 20 of 53 Posts