Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the outside temperature sensor located on the JK? My outside temperature reads 8-10 degrees hotter than actual temperature

·
Registered
660 Posts
Directly behind the grill, attached to a cross bar near the bottom driver's side. Below where the slots are on the grill.

Mine never read exact, always hotter. You can relocated (break it off the clip and zip tie it elsewhere) but it sill doesn't improve the readings much.

Reactions: cinnpass

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Where is the outside temperature sensor located on the JK? My outside temperature reads 8-10 degrees hotter than actual temperature
Depending on the year, initially was behind the grill on the upper part of the rad frame, for later models they relocated it to the lower cross bar.
Mine is accurate as I understood it doesn't read below 20 mph.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info everyone! My temp is the same 8-10 off whether on startup or driving an hour later. I'll try relocating and maybe change out the sensor.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Interestingly, mine usually is within 1 degree of the temperature reported on the radio. Maybe the sensor just likes hotter climates. :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
My sensor use to be accurate until a added a power steering cooler for my hydro assist to the bottom cross bar. (And then it was off by around 10 degrees, go figure) I recently relocated the sensor up top to the younger JK’s location and all is well again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts