Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post a review from our recent trip in our '16 JKU with our family.

We own a 2016 JKU 75th AE 6 speed and for the trip we added a Tuffy Security enclosure and Quadatrek diver down seat covers. We are a family of 5. We have a 15 year old, an 8 year old (booster seat) and 6 year old little girl (high back booster).

We traveled over 2700 miles in 16 days and averaged 18.6 MPG spending the majority of our time on secondary highway roads and not the interstate. Bottom line we had a great time but by the end the Jeep was a little cramp and loud as we had to keep the top up the second part of our trip - due to on/off rain.

So we installed the Tuffy Security Enclosure and kept our bags in their when we were off exploring and we never had an issue and gave us a good sense of security. The added bonus was we could use the top of the deck for tying stuff down. We had a trunk that fit perfectly behind the rear seat and tied down. We also had a cooler and other things from time to time up there. Would highly recommended this for those with a soft top.

Quadratec diver down seat covers this saved our nice seats from all the food and junk which was very needed and will make this an easier clean up.

Our younger kids had books, journals (to write and draw in), toys and iPads. Eldest had his books and phone. My wife had a backpack with her computer and became a collector of everything. She felt cramped especially compared to our other car (2013 Honda Pilot).

The first of the week we were able to run with the sun rider opened and that was awesome everyone liked that and made the trip very enjoyable. The second week the weather was more iffy so we ran with the top closed :-( that made it tough as it was load and no benefit of the top opened.

All in all we had an awesome time on our adventure but our next major journey we will probably leave the Jeep at home.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Been to Colorado and back to MN twice now in our 2016 JKU, once with three this past 4th of July with 4. While not as comfortable and quiet as our Toyota Highlander, plenty of room for all our stuff and we've managed a green and blue trail for offroading fun, wouldn't do that in the Highlander. Gas mileage on the highway was a bit over 20mph on average.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had more then enough space except for my wife (she may carry to much stuff IMO) around here seat area - but it was awesome. I'm also very happy about the MPG for the overall trip - we did a safari park and a lot of back roads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts