Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lurked the forum for a few weeks now, and pretty much came to the conclusion that I will be on the market for a 2014 or 2015 Wrangler Sport.. Not doing the 13 and def not the 12 due to the tickity tic.. I know its covered, but I am very picky with things like that, especially considering the investment.. My question to all is, how satisfied are you with your 2014s n 2015s? I gotta be honest, I am on the fence, just with the naggy complaints I have read about.. Leaks, CEL, etc.. Why should a new vehicle have this issues? Some might say.. "jeep thing" .. What is yall overall assessment of this vehicle.. Oh, this would be my first jeep.. 馃槒

Registered
Well, I have a 2014 JKU and love it. Good quality and the mpg's are not as bad as i thought they would be...

Registered
I have a 2014 JKU and love it. No issues at all - 2 inch lift, 33's and a few toys on it.
No disrespect to anyone but if I listened to everything I read I would never have purchased a single car or bike that I've owned.
Forums are great sources of information just remember that people don't post "2014 Sport - love it - no problems" - they post when they have an issue or need an answer. They are the minority and considering how many Jeeps are out there - I wouldn't sweat it. Enjoy it when you get it.

Registered
if you get 2014, save money on the apline. it sucks. if you get 2015, GET the alpine, it ROCKS (no pun intended)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2014 JKU and love it. No issues at all - 2 inch lift, 33's and a few toys on it. No disrespect to anyone but if I listened to everything I read I would never have purchased a single car or bike that I've owned. Forums are great sources of information just remember that people don't post "2014 Sport - love it - no problems" - they post when they have an issue or need an answer. They are the minority and considering how many Jeeps are out there - I wouldn't sweat it. Enjoy it when you get it.
.. Hahah.. So true.. Kinda like hearing those "pharmaceutical" commercials.. By the end of the commercial you left thinking.. Damm, i have those symptoms.. Thanks for input..

Administrator
:welcome: :wavey:

I love mine and will buy another.

BUT, (with all due respect) by your post you don't sound very forgiving of vehicle issues. Jeeps are Jeeps. They occasionally have leaks, they have bad mpg and sometimes things go wrong.
The payoff is the Jeep lifestyle. Only YOU can decide which is more important.

Premium Member
I love my '15 Willys JKU manual. No issues yet and just hit 8K

I really like the premium soft top and Alpine audio.

Super Moderator
This site has almost 250,000 members - certainly the majority of them love their Wranglers.

ANY vehicle can have issues period - that is not a "Jeep thing". And many of the things you hear about are user related just they leave out that part - " My Jeep leaked....had nothing to do with the fact I removed my door seals for some cool looking red ones of course" or "My Jeep won't start....has nothing to do with the backarsewards wiring job I did for all my cool aftermarket accessories of course" or my favorite "My Jeep drives like butt...of course nothing to do with the cheap lift I bought that didn't come with the pieces I needed, it was just more important to get huge tires on it first because well they look badazz."

Super Moderator
This site has almost 250,000 members - certainly the majority of them love their Wranglers.

ANY vehicle can have issues period - that is not a "Jeep thing". And many of the things you hear about are user related just they leave out that part - " My Jeep leaked....had nothing to do with the fact I removed my door seals for some cool looking red ones of course" or "My Jeep won't start....has nothing to do with the backarsewards wiring job I did for all my cool aftermarket accessories of course" or my favorite "My Jeep drives like butt...of course nothing to do with the cheap lift I bought that didn't come with the pieces I needed, it was just more important to get huge tires on it first because well they look badazz."

Registered
I've lurked the forum for a few weeks now, and pretty much came to the conclusion that I will be on the market for a 2014 or 2015 Wrangler Sport.. Not doing the 13 and def not the 12 due to the tickity tic.. I know its covered, but I am very picky with things like that, especially considering the investment.. My question to all is, how satisfied are you with your 2014s n 2015s? I gotta be honest, I am on the fence, just with the naggy complaints I have read about.. Leaks, CEL, etc.. Why should a new vehicle have this issues? Some might say.. "jeep thing" .. What is yall overall assessment of this vehicle.. Oh, this would be my first jeep.. 馃槒
Jeeps do have high resell value and can be a investment. But with live alxes front and back, big tires and sitting so high it's a pretty shitty road car unless you like to take if off road. For a off road weekend warrior rig its perfect but if your looking for a SUV that has a good mix of on and off road performance this is the wrong direction.

Premium Member
Guess its a matter of perspective. Recently I went on vacation to the Dominican Republic and stayed at the Westin. I Knew my experiences at Westins.
If I had listened to most of the idiots comments on the internet I never would have gone and missed a near Perfect experience.

Same with Jeeps or anything else. The internet is useful and so are forums - to a degree.

IMO the Jeep Wrangler is a great vehicle and I have had many. My 2014 is the best by far.
Great MPGs (remember. Perspective) at about 21mpg avg that is pretty damn great IMO.
Buy it. Own it. Enjoy it.

Only One Jeep Wrangler no matter which style.

Registered
Jeeps do have high resell value and can be a investment. But with live alxes front and back, big tires and sitting so high it's a pretty shitty road car unless you like to take if off road. For a off road weekend warrior rig its perfect but if your looking for a SUV that has a good mix of on and off road performance this is the wrong direction.
In the end it's what that person wants. Some I would bet just want a jeep and will use it 95% on pavement just to have one.. Topless, doors off and weekend cruising. I think we often forget that it doesn't have to be used for its intended purpose as long as that person enjoys it. My international Scout is a pavement pounder. It sees no mud or dirt and that's the way it'll stay. Sacrilege? Perhaps but it's showroom condition and will outlast all the others that are beat to hell on the trails.

I do see your point however that if you are not sure what you want and think a Jeep might scratch your SUV itch then make sure it's something you can deal with on a daily basis.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guess its a matter of perspective. Recently I went on vacation to the Dominican Republic and stayed at the Westin. I Knew my experiences at Westins. If I had listened to most of the idiots comments on the internet I never would have gone and missed a near Perfect experience. Same with Jeeps or anything else. The internet is useful and so are forums - to a degree. IMO the Jeep Wrangler is a great vehicle and I have had many. My 2014 is the best by far. Great MPGs (remember. Perspective) at about 21mpg avg that is pretty damn great IMO. Buy it. Own it. Enjoy it. Only One Jeep Wrangler no matter which style.
glad you enjoyed your stay in Dominican Republic.. That is my country.. Ha!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This site has almost 250,000 members - certainly the majority of them love their Wranglers. ANY vehicle can have issues period - that is not a "Jeep thing". And many of the things you hear about are user related just they leave out that part - " My Jeep leaked....had nothing to do with the fact I removed my door seals for some cool looking red ones of course" or "My Jeep won't start....has nothing to do with the backarsewards wiring job I did for all my cool aftermarket accessories of course" or my favorite "My Jeep drives like butt...of course nothing to do with the cheap lift I bought that didn't come with the pieces I needed, it was just more important to get huge tires on it first because well they look badazz."
good perspective..

Super Moderator
Sorry about the double post lol.

Registered
The only problem I've had with my 2014 JK Sport is a faulty wheel sensor for the electronic stability control system. It was replaced under warranty, even though that sensor was bolted to a Dynatrac Dana 60 axle.

If you are buying a Jeep to go four wheeling, or just to go exploring, then buy it, and you'll be happy with it. If you are buying it for a car, or just to drive to work and back, and you expect it to be as quiet and good handling as any number of other cars on the road, then don't buy it, you won't like it.

Registered
I had a 2013 JKU Sahara, and now have a 2015 JKU Rubicon. I love them both, and never had any issues.

I used to work in auto service for a new car dealer, and all cars have some issues. It's just impossible to avoid. When you visit a forum like this, you will see discussions of specific issues that may give the impression that those issues are pervasive, when in actuality, it may just be that you found 50 or 100 people, out of several hundred thousand vehicles, who all have the same problem and have gotten together to talk about it.

Registered
The live front and back axles are the biggest reason the jeep gets poor gas mileage and is probably the worst on road handling car you can buy new. If you never drove a old truck your in for a big shock once you get to 65 mph on the highway haha.

Premium Member
I'm 53 (ish) Former Military/Former Corporate stiff.... I DD a 2014 JKU and drive about 100 miles a day - Love my Jeep.
Traded a 2012 Toyota 4Runner Limited with Leather and the Jeep is more comfortable and gets slightly Better gas mileage.
Everybody that rides in it comments how nice it rides.

I guess opinions are like.......:)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts