Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read every cb mount thread I could find. I have narrowed it to overhead position for sure. I have also narrowed it between two different products:

E-Z Valco Cincinnati cb mount bracket -
Valco Part vcc710xx932 - E-Z Mount CB Bracket - Fits 1997 to 2006 TJ Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited - 4 Wheel Drive

OR the recommended (for double the cost)

Arizona Rocky Road -
ARIZONA ROCKY ROAD ANTENNA MOUNTS FOR JEEP WRANGLER, UNLIMITED AND LIBERTY

So obviously I hear many saying the ARR is awesome and I agree, but it is also $87 with shipping as opposed to $45 free shipping. Both seem to be no drilling required, which I don't mind doing anyway, but if I can avoid it that would be preferable. First, has anyone used the E-Z Valco Cin. mount at all? I can't see any pictures of what is different about the ARR mount in terms of construction. Only thing I can see comparing both descriptions is that the E-Z mount says "designed for compact cb's". I have the Uniden PC68LTW, which I am sure is not as compact as a uniden 510 or 520xl. If no one here has used the E-Z from Valco, then I may just go with ARR. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm still in the decision phase on which CB and where to mount it. I am leaning toward overhead but not sure yet. I've narrowed the CBs down to the 520xl or the cobra 29 ltd.

If i go overhead I would go ARR over the EZ. Seems more versatile so I'd just pony up the money and do it.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
If I were in the market to buy one of these, I would purchase the ARR, (if that is the one that you prefer). A little bit more money, but sometimes is better to purchase the "right mod the first time" and be happy with your decision later.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I agree I've done my fair share of not buying quality products and learning later they don't last! But I figured maybe a cb mount I can get away with something cheaper. Doesn't seem like many people use that EZ mount anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts