Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 7,500 miles on it. I took it off-roading for the 3rd time threw some mild sand and one mud hole. The mud got all in my engine bay. It shot my alternator and alternator! And the dealer wouldn't honor their warrenty! Pretty ticked about that. Got all that fixed... $800 later. And also screwed up my front end. Got that fixed ($400) Now I am running hot. Engine temp gauge would go around 3/4. I just cleaned my engine bay decently and still is running a little hot! What should I do? Clean it again and more detailed or what? Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I never go in mud holes after my experience. My radiator overheated. Took several cleanings to get to cool properly.

You have to hit it from behind to get it good enough.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
OP, as stated above hose off with water until clear. Why you would expect the dealer to fix something you trashed is beyond me. You broke you fix it. Not trying to be an a$$, but I do not understand how you feel you are owed anything in that situation. Hope the radiator rinses out easily for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts