Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2017 JK V6 descent motor, but runs hot to me. I see it has a 203 thermostat, it averages 208 as high as 221. I been trying to find a 192 degree, anyone have any luck finding one?:pc-ouch:

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
That is NOT overheating. The 3.6 is designed to run warm. The high fan doesnt even kick on until 226. Those temperatures are perfectly normal.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
And, a lower thermostat will not effect the normal operating temperature, only how long it takes to get there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
As others have said, that is normal for the Pentastar. In the event that you over do it and your engine starts getting too hot, you will get a warning message on your dash letting you know to stop and let it cool off for a bit.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It has been confirmed your temps are in the normal range, I had the same concerns soon after I bought my JK. It is kind of nice in the cold weather to have heat so quickly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info, I'm old school and not sold yet on using anything but cast iron for an engine. Maybe more weight but longevity is guaranteed.

Time will tell...

·
Registered
929 Posts
2014 JKU here with 109K miles can confirm at 105 outside temps my guage can climb as high as 219 so far this was the highest perfectly normal then it dips back down to 208, 204, etc etc...your good, worry when that red needle goes all the way to the right or you start getting into the 240-260 range or above that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts