Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Created this area for Your trail Pictures.

Image 1: Although driving in new Mexico and not driving a typical off road vehicle, we did stop to get a few pictures along the way..

Image 2: "Point Of No Return" This arch marks the beginning of route 550.. Known as the million Dollar Highway.. it's also known as one of the most dangerous roads in Colorado.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Nice! I've driven down 550 many times. I was just there less than a week ago too! It's only dangerous if you drive off the edge of the road! It gets dangerous quickly then.

Reactions: JeepOverland

·
Super Moderator
15,475 Posts
Spring last year, we made a 3 day trip exploring many areas up on the Mogollon Rim. Got to some great views and beautiful land. Found a number of the routes looked like they hadn't been traveled as often as we expected.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Amicalola in the fog

Sheep Wallow Rd ---- I'm 6'5" for context on how deep the road had washed out

Breakdowns are inevitable, despite meticulous planning

Trail of tears in the snow

So I hear Stump say over the CB, "Uh, Bill, I think I fell in a hole or something..."

Our first trailer

We got Bob's Mog stuck pretty good

Reactions: FattyMcJ

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not Really On The Trail..

But along our travels, we've learn one of the best places to pick up souvenirs is the regions Harley Davidson Dealerships.

Plus they have some of the cleanest restrooms around.. Beat that McDonald..

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paper Maps Lie

Now Our paper map said there was suppose to have been a bridge here which crosses the great Mississippi river..

It was challenging enough just to get to this location driving through fields and gravel roads that didn't seem to go anywhere, then turning right back around and finding another route.

·
Super Moderator
15,475 Posts
Picture threads seem to be running a little low on content these days... :lmao:

A look off of the Mogollon Rim.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Picture threads seem to be running a little low on content these days... :lmao:

A look off of the Mogollon Rim.

damn photobucket :pcwhack:

the convoy cruising in Mexico.

Attachments

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,218 Posts
White Sands National Monument. Started at our cabin in Cloudcroft in the Lincoln National Forest. 68* and sprinkling. Arrived in White Sands 45 mins later and it was 98*. Headed backs 6 hours later. 62* at 9,800' with two separate rollover accidents. One was a guy who for whatever reason rolled his Ram off the trail about 100' above the road onto the main highway.

·
Registered
606 Posts
White Sands National Monument. Started at our cabin in Cloudcroft in the Lincoln National Forest. 68* and sprinkling. Arrived in White Sands 45 mins later and it was 98*. Headed backs 6 hours later. 62* at 9,800' with two separate rollover accidents. One was a guy who for whatever reason rolled his Ram off the trail about 100' above the road onto the main highway.

Your first three pics are not showing up, At least not for me, not sure about anyone else.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Near the Pony Express Route while running the Trails Across America (TAT)
Yes, it is as bad inside as out. The dirt was like a talc powder.

Attachments

Reactions: RenegadeMike16

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well I finally made some good progress on the Jeep. Rack & tent installed and we got to test them out last weekend. This also happened to be the first time the wife & I went camping, together. Together over 5 years, never made it camping until now lol Go figure.

:awesome:

All loaded up, getting fuel.

Found a nice spot up in the hills, just 40 minutes outside of town. That'll do. :drinks:

Happy Campers :bop:
Yes, I carried both dogs up & down the ladder. Spoiled Pibbles :rofl2:

·
Super Moderator
15,475 Posts
Well I finally made some good progress on the Jeep. Rack & tent installed and we got to test them out last weekend. This also happened to be the first time the wife & I went camping, together. Together over 5 years, never made it camping until now lol Go figure.

All loaded up, getting fuel.

Found a nice spot up in the hills, just 40 minutes outside of town. That'll do.

Happy Campers

Yes, I carried both dogs up & down the ladder. Spoiled Pibbles

Bad ass right there! Is she a camper now?? My wife is always asking me when we're going camping again...

10 days out. :). Then a week in Moab in 4 weeks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bad ass right there! Is she a camper now?? My wife is always asking me when we're going camping again...

10 days out. :). Then a week in Moab in 4 weeks.
Yep, she got hooked again. Neither of us had been camping since our 20's lol

1 - 20 of 55 Posts