Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys see this as a good option for overlanding?
I am talknig Australia overlanding, Africa - longer distances, rough terrain - but not extremely difficult.

One build that I would like to see would be a cabin that covers the whole car - so removing the top and adding something more insulating and higher - and extend this all the way to the cargo area and cover it.

For this to work, you would need to be able to get from the passengers area into the back - and I am not sure the opening is wide or high enough. This is the biggest issue I see so far against such a build.

Another issue is that the truck is way too long and way to narrow for overlanding.

Do you think this could become a popular overlander? I think key is if you can have a bed in it... we will see how big is that opening.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh cool. I can’t imagine a JT doing that as it’s kinda small but cool idea I guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,167 Posts
certainly will make a great overlander. someone like 4wheel campers will make a pop up camper for it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yeah, one can only imagine all the camper options that will be available for the Gladiator once the aftermarket gets going. Could end up being the ultimate overlanding rig.

·
Commercial Member
2,050 Posts
There is a JKUR that has been overlanding in Africa for over two years straight, so the JT should be able to do that as well. I think Ursa Minor will make something like that for the JT.

While I don't plan on living out of mine full time, my GT will be setup for overlanding style travel for up to around 2 weeks at a time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, one can only imagine all the camper options that will be available for the Gladiator once the aftermarket gets going. Could end up being the ultimate overlanding rig.
Exactly. My main complaint with the JK is the lack of cargo capacity for camping or long trips in remote areas. That problem is solved with the JT.

R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts