Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has found a body mounted spare tire that is fully compatible with the Savvy TJ Stainless Steel Tub Rub Rails (iow no required cutting of the rails themselves)? I have a 2000 TJ w/ 35" tires (not going any bigger), stock tailgate, Savvy corner armor, and of course the Savvy tub rub rails. Plans include adding the Savvy taillights which take up a bigger footprint on the corner than the stock lights. Not sure if y'all need more detail?

I previously had the Bestop HighRock 4x4 Oversize Tire Carrier installed before adding the Savvy corner armor and this carrier will require cutting the rub rails. I also have the MORryde Tailgate Reinforcement Kit (same as Exogate) but the larger hinges will interfere with the rub rails and require cutting. I reached out to GenRight and they confirmed that the rails will need to be cut for their carrier as well. Lastly, I reached out to Savvy and they said: "I'm being told GenRight is your best option." I responded for clarification on why so I'll update this thread/edit this post when I get more detail.

Some posts I've found with cuts in the rails to accommodate a spare tire carrier (might be an older version for Jerry Bransford's jeep but I'm not 100% sure. My rails look like the ones in the 1st link below):

Hopefully someone out there knows something that I don't (on this subject ;)) and can share for both my benefit & others in the future. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Im not sure of the rusty's one but I have the Crawler Conceptz tire carrier and other than their customer service I really like the carrier. As long as the bed rails dont interfere with the stock tailgate hinge then I believe you are set to go.
Land vehicle Off-roading Vehicle Car Off-road vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.