Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You used to be able to get the oversized Rain guards/Vent Visors for just about anything. They still seem available for some trucks, and I swear a year or two ago I found some for the JK, but now I can't seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find some? Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had the ones from weathertech.com on my 2000 TJ for 15 years and would replace them immediately if necessary. I did have to hand fit them for a perfect installation.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Are there any visors that go on the Jeep above the door? I see the ones that go in the window opening but that won't stop water from dripping on the seat. They are great for keeping water out when you open the window in a rain storm but do nothing when the door is opened.

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Anything over the door to prevent water intrusion would interfere with the door.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Doing a Google image search for "vent shade Jeep JK" brought up a couple of oversize visor options for the Wrangler-

I can't say I'd be excited about either of those two options.

I have used Vent Visor (Lund) on several previous vehicles, both the stick-on and in-channel versions. I have used Weathertech in-channel versions sold as OEM for the VW I owned. On my previous JKU, I went with Vent Visor in-channels in a smoke tint...they were a little fiddly to install in a manner that didn't mess with power rear window operation, but I got there. They also contributed to an enlarged blind spot at the A-pillar. I haven't installed any on the current JKU as of now. In terms of quality, it is hard to beat Weathertech. If I were to pull the trigger, there are several I would consider, but not from the likes of alibaba.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Anything over the door to prevent water intrusion would interfere with the door.
I realize that they could not drop down like the ones that install on the door but what about something that is between the roof and the roll cage that acted like the rain gutter on a regular passenger car? Just a small channel that would stop the water from dripping on my seat when opening the door.

I see a possible opportunity for some crafty inventor. :bop:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts