Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around & haven't been satisfied with anything I've found, so I cobbled up my version of "locked storage" in the rear of my JK:

This is a tool box off a .mil generator M416 set up.

It's 41.5x9.5x13. It fits perfectly between wheel well, with enough room to slip fingers down to the built in lift handles. To insure no one lifts it without authorization, I bolted it down to the rear seat brackets with 4" square clamps. To keep it from rattling, I mounted 1x9 fir spacers under the box, and installed some rubber stuff between lid & box, with a little on the security hasp.....not yet installed in these photos.

It was mostly the old .mil camo green I prefer, so I just touched up a few areas. I liked the contrast of the inner paint color so left it untouched. The old hinge was just a bit arthritic, but a couple doses of slickem got it working fine.

It is mounted rearwards far enough I can tilt the front seat back as far as it will go without the box being in the way. It's close enough to the rear I can load from behind the bumper.

Seems about perfect....oh, cost you say? Did a bit of mule trading.

Brackets were around $4.35/each. Hasp was about $7.50.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
702 Posts
Not bad at all. Personally, I am not a big fan of that color. I would paint it black but hey if you like it, that's all that matters.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got Green/Khaki Wrangler. Living rural Orygun, shades of green soothe me a lot more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts