Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after years of waiting I bought an "88" wrangler ...the previous owner reallly never used it and didnt even know it was a 5 speed...told me it was a 4 ...took it for a ride and low and behold a 5th gear...lol It is missing the owners manual...does anyone know where to get one ( I have seen one online but they actually had it listed for (gasp) 95.00 Already bought the Haynes service manual...are there any better ones?? Also the tranny is making an awful racket in 1st 2nd 3rd and 5th ..4th actually purrs...no problems shifting....goes into gear nicely for all gears. I did read on here that jeeps have noisy tranny's...but this is a little louder than the radio can drown out lol...any advice..all will be appreciated...Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have always been a bigger fan of Chilton's guides myself. Seems like they have more diagrams and photos...

Drain the trans fluid and see what comes of it (probably wouldnt hurt to change it twice in the first 200 miles of owning it). Put ATF with a little bit of lucas back into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts