Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our 2013 JKU Sport from the original owner. In the glove box was a green bag with an owners guide in it along with some other forms and stuff, but not the owners manual. The stuff in the first pic below was in the bag.

The actual owners manual, second pic below, was not in in the bag. Does the owners manual have to be purchased separately, or was it supposed to be in the bag?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I did not get the full owners manual in the bag with my 2016. I had to request it separately, and it was mailed to me. I believe there was a phone number on the back of the guide or something else in the bag. Unfortunately, I also think it said only the first owner would be able to request it. I did get a DVD with a digital copy of the owner's manual in the bag.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
There's no paper "Owner's Manual" for JK's from the factory unless it's later requested or purchased. You only get the Guide. Owner's manuals for JK's can also be downloaded on line at no cost.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I did not get the full owners manual in the bag with my 2016. I had to request it separately, and it was mailed to me. I believe there was a phone number on the back of the guide or something else in the bag. Unfortunately, I also think it said only the first owner would be able to request it. I did get a DVD with a digital copy of the owner's manual in the bag.
Same experience with my 2017 except I don't think I got a DVD. There was a guide that provided a phone number to call to request an owner's manual, which I did. Who doesn't want an owner's manual? My guess is Jeep is trying to cut costs by not providing them upfront.

You should be able to score one somewhere. eBay sounds like a good bet.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yep, as others stated, not standard equipment on new, if first owner, its sent free, otherwise you either pay for paper, or download free...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
There's no paper "Owner's Manual" for JK's from the factory unless it's later requested or purchased. You only get the Guide. Owner's manuals for JK's can also be downloaded on line at no cost.
Yep, as others stated, not standard equipment on new, if first owner, its sent free, otherwise you either pay for paper, or download free...
My '16 came with it. First owner, bought new.
Guess it depends if the "Owner Manual Placer" was at work that day or not.

·
Registered
237 Posts
My '16 came with it. First owner, bought new.
Guess it depends if the "Owner Manual Placer" was at work that day or not.
My guess would be more that it depends on the dealer. It's not included from the factory, but some dealers may take it upon themselves to include it. I had to request it on my '15, and I believe it even said in the user guide that a paper version of the full manual is not included, but available on request.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
FWIW

I got my 2016 JK new. It had the little pouch with the USER GUIDE. (159 pages).

The OWNER'S MANUAL came on a CD that I got with the ownership papers. (It's 721 Pages long). I never got a printed version of this.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I am sooo happy I saw this today .

My 2016 did not come with an owner's manual , but did come with a dvd . I have never been able to download the dvd and today my computer salesman was unable to download it . My computer is not compatible with this dvd . So , today , after I saw this posting on Wrangler Forum , I called Jeep Wave and she said she will send it . You would think they would provide an owner's manual , although I must say the Jeep is very good and I am very happy I bought it .:bop:

·
Registered
115 Posts
My 2013 preowned had the full manual in the pouch, but not the condensed user guide. It was purchased from a Jeep dealership, so maybe either they stuck it in the glove box or the previous owner ordered it.

The manual is ok in a pinch in the rare occasion that something has to be looked up on the roadside, but I actually prefer the PDF version so that I can use the search function (Ctrl>F) to find what I am looking for instead of leafing through literally hundreds of paper pages.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
My 2015 did not come with one, but it was an easy download. The downloaded Users Manual is a .pdf not a DVD. The DVD that came with my 2015 might still be in the Jeep, but I figured it would be the .pdf of the manual, but it is not. It is more of a guided tour.

I far prefer the .pdf file as I can scroll through it far faster. I also down loaded the one for 2004 (my 2003 is not available, only 2004 to date). If I need to carry out a section to the Jeep, I just print them off. When done, I trash them.

The owners manual is 695 pages. That is why they no longer put them in the vehicle except by demand.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Users Manual is a .pdf not a DVD.
The manual is a .PDF file stored on a DVD. Below is a list of contents on the DVD that came with my 2016.

I also prefer PDF files. You can't beat the search feature. I even keep a copy on my iPad so I can access it while I'm sitting in the vehicle.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts