Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
In states where you pay personal property tax on a vehicle, you can challenge what the county/state says it is worth (assessment). My buddy has a 2012 JK with a dent from the door getting blown open, and a few other issues. He got estimates for everything, went to the assessors office and got the assessment (taxes) reduced quite a bit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm in New Kent, on the Chickahominy River. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for leaving Florida but it's become a place I don't recognize anymore...
We purchased a campground up here, and are working on expanding the Marina side of the business.

Loving Virginia so far, we'll see how the winter goes...
Welcome! We love fishing on the Chick! We're up in Hanover.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not too bad, what do you need to do to apply for tax relief?
I think you apply for it automatically based on where you live. I didn't do anything special to qualify for the relief. I also think it, like the amount you're taxed, varies from county to county. Could be wrong on that though.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I think you apply for it automatically based on where you live. I didn't do anything special to qualify for the relief. I also think it, like the amount you're taxed, varies from county to county. Could be wrong on that though.
Interesting, I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Does the cost of property tax decrease each year of ownership? Someone from work mentioned that, my first year, I had to cough up 600 bucks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does the cost of property tax decrease each year of ownership? Someone from work mentioned that, my first year, I had to cough up 600 bucks.
In Fairfax County, the property tax is based off the estimated value of your vehicle, so I believe it decreases year-to-year. That could vary based on where you live though.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
In Fairfax County, the property tax is based off the estimated value of your vehicle, so I believe it decreases year-to-year. That could vary based on where you live though.
Thanks! Is there a way to calculate this with a good estimated result? In henrico county here

21 - 32 of 32 Posts