Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings,

I am looking for feedback on ox lockers. I cant seem to find any recent feedback on them. Specifically the electrically actuated ones but any feedback will due.

In particular the way the cable mounts to the housing males me curious if it gets banged up, bent or otherwise if this has been problematic. I was researching options that do not include onboard air so this is one of them.

thanks for any input.

all the best

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the cable driven ox and it's great. Never had a problem with the cable getting bent or anything of that nature. Locks/unlocks every time. No issue

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have the ox lockers with the electric actuators. I like the set-up. The actuators can be mounted up out of the way.

I also like that you can carry a driveaway lock with you. That way, if you have an actuator fail, you have a way to lock and unlock manually.

The lockers are the same for all the actuators OX offers (i.e., the cable lever, the air actuator, or the electric actuator).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the feedback,

if anyone else has experience with the Ox system, pro or con, I would love to hear it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
They're what the majority of folks in my area run. Mainly cable or air operated. I just put in a front ox with air actuator, but haven't gotten a chance to use it much.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've got OX cable lockers on the front and rear of my LJ. It's a very simple system that IMO works very well. I recently had an issue with the rear cable somehow finding itself on the exhaust pipe. It melted the outer cover, causing the inner cable to bind up and the locker quit working. I replaced the cable, and adjusted it no problem. They have very good install videos on the OX site. FWIW, any system can fail. The lockers were on the Jeep when I bought it, and I am very pleased with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts