Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

So I went to a smog technician today and he told me I needed to find and purchase an OEM Bank 2, Sensor 2 oxygen sensor my jeep wrangler (2013, V6 Sport).
I went to my dealership's mopar website to search for the part using my car make, build and year, but I'm confused and need help with the following:

1. Which part do I purchase? On the mopar site I was given two choices (see picture below) - is it the Rr Oxygen Sensor (5149171AA) or the Oxygen Sensor (5149180AA) ???

And below is screenshot of the parts" in case the images help at all. :)

2. Is the dealership website a rip-off and is there a better credible store to buy directly from? Is there a recommended website where I can purchase OEM parts? For example, would it be safe to look up the part number on amazon and buy or is it worth it to pay the higher price to ensure I'm getting the correct part?

My tags are expired and I can't get them until I pass the last oxygen sensor readiness test!

Any help is appreciated since I've never had to replace this part before and am so confused!

Thank you!
Mayu

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DEALERSHIP WAS WRONG - BANK 2 is NOT on the right side, it's on the LEFT.

The dealership was wrong, and they're not admitting to it yet, but I know they are wrong because after they told me Bank 2 was on the right passenger side. I told my mechanic who took my word for it based on the dealership's insistence and he cut my oxygen sensor below the cat. And guess what happened? It set off a DTC code for BANK 1, Sensor 2! So we removed a perfectly good sensor for no reason. I now have to replace TWO sensors LOL! oh man. Was I pissed.

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Thanks! I saw this and told the dealership, and they assured me they were still correct. I actually called six different dealerships and they all are sticking to the "bank 2" being on the right side. I have no idea why they believe this so strongly when it's clearly wrong?
I’m positive dealer wrong, bank 1 is the side of 1 3 5 cylinders which is passenger side, driver side is bank 2.
I guess right side if looking at Jeep from outside but from driver seat it’s passenger side

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts