Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys im have a problem with my jeep,
I have a problem that repeats randomly evrey few km the fault light turn on And the vehicle barely can move over 2k rpm after restart the engine the issue goes off and i can run as well for onther 10min or less checked codes they on title i replaced the vgt, (new turbo) i have looks for leaks didnt found any and also the intercooler is new so whats the issue??plis help

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Hello guys im have a problem with my jeep,
I have a problem that repeats randomly evrey few km the fault light turn on And the vehicle barely can move over 2k rpm after restart the engine the issue goes off and i can run as well for onther 10min or less checked codes they on title i replaced the vgt, (new turbo) i have looks for leaks didnt found any and also the intercooler is new so whats the issue??plis help
You probably need to say what year and jeep you have. Assume it's a diesel since you are talking about a turbo.

The codes you reference are for the boost pressure actuator. More specifically it's a circuit issue with the boost pressure actuator. It may be the boost motor or the wiring. The boost actuator motor has a 12v coming from the TIPM. The second wire is a ground. Then third wire is a pulse modulated wire coming from the engine module. The codes are around the control wire or the pulse modulated wire.

The P0045 is set when the PCM detects an open circuit on the the third ware for longer that .5 seconds.

The P0048 is set when there is high voltage (assume 12v) for longer than .5 seconds

1 - 2 of 2 Posts